Premed 101 Forums

Financial Assistance Application

Does anyone know if Schulich offers any scholarships based on merit and not financial need? My parents probably make too much for me to qualify for the bursaries and I don't want to take anything away from people who need it more but I am going to be paying for most of my schooling myself and a scholarship would be great. Thanks in advance!

1. Apparently med schools are allowed to increase their tuition by a max of 5% per year  -_- like for "inflation." 6k seems like a pretty steep increase (like > 10% is that even allowed????)
2. Did anyone get a confirmation email for this? Like I did for my bursary app, but not the supplemental scholarship thing to say they received it (just an automatic reply)

1. Apparently med schools are allowed to increase their tuition by a max of 5% per year -_- like for "inflation." 6k seems like a pretty steep increase (like > 10% is that even allowed????)

2. Did anyone get a confirmation email for this? Like I did for my bursary app, but not the supplemental scholarship thing to say they received it (just an automatic reply)

Yes I got confirmation on Monday afternoon (I submitted Sunday).

• 3 weeks later...

It still hasn't been confirmed, but they're thinking an increase of 6k just for the first year. They're hoping to build new facilities (which 2021's probably won't be around long enough to use....). 

Does anyone know if an outline of exact tuition cost and other fees is provided when you're accepted? Or does that not come until closer to August/September when you have to make your first installment? 

I would assume the latter given that the tuition fees and schedule is officially set by the Registrar. 

Just curious of when you would get an official value for what first-year tuition will be. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received confirmation about the scholarship? I am waiting to hear back from Schulich about the scholarship so I can decide which school I will be accepting to. I don't want to be pushing too close to the final acceptance date. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone received confirmation about the scholarship? I am waiting to hear back from Schulich about the scholarship so I can decide which school I will be accepting to. I don't want to be pushing too close to the final acceptance date. 

are scholarships essay-based? How are the candidates chosen? thanks! 

Archived