Premed 101 Forums

Low Cgpa But High 2Ygpa

I don't know the details now, but when I was applying to Queen's the 2Y GPA was taken over cGPA if it helped the applicant. That said, I believe the 2Y GPA cutoff was slightly higher than the cGPA cutoff. With a 3.98 2Y GPA you will most likely meet the cutoff if GPA policies haven't changed. 

Hi there,

I am not sure how much digging around here you have done, but there are people who have been in your situation (and worse) that have received interviews from Queens and even been accepted so hopefully that answers your question.

I don't know the details now, but when I was applying to Queen's the 2Y GPA was taken over cGPA if it helped the applicant. That said, I believe the 2Y GPA cutoff was slightly higher than the cGPA cutoff. With a 3.98 2Y GPA you will most likely meet the cutoff if GPA policies haven't changed. 

my understanding is they will take whatever GPA that benefits the applicant the best. After that the other GPA is completely ignored.

Thank you guys for the replies. I have one more question will they bring up low gpa in interviews(which I think they will) or do they completely ignore it in interviews as well?

Thank you guys for the replies. I have one more question will they bring up low gpa in interviews(which I think they will) or do they completely ignore it in interviews as well?

Once you get an interview marks have no bearing on your application at Queen's, so I highly doubt interviewers would spend a fraction of the 20 mins asking about your GPA when they could be learning more about you as a person.

Archived