Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Interview

They consider academic trends , graduate degree bonus points and possibly other factors we may not know about. Not exactly sure how they rank applicants but I agree, being waitlisted is the worst feeling for UWO. Basically puts your life on hold while you wait

Can you elaborate on the academic trends?

Good luck guys!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the past when they interviewed 250 applicants the waitlist included around 90 people according to past threads, so maybe 70-80 this year? Although if I'm at position 50 or above I'd rather get rejected than just hopelessly wait... If only they gave out rankings.

That's good to know! Any idea what the committee discusses? Don't they just have to compile all the numbers together and rank everyone on some Excel sheet? 

I thought that too... they must have given us a score already on the ABS/PS since we were ranked for interview invites. Seems like a lot of extra work to go through the ABS/PS again for ~200 people

~ 200 people to rank... I wonder if they will quickly go through the ABS during the meeting when they evaluate our files. I don't think they'll have time to go through our personal statements though.

The admissions committee is around ~20 people. I feel like they will sort people before the meeting (based on all the scores) and then the adcom team will confirm or deny the selections (they have voting/non-voting members)? I wonder if they will scan our picture into a ppt and have our scores up with jot points from our ABS lol

They consider academic trends , graduate degree bonus points and possibly other factors we may not know about. Not exactly sure how they rank applicants but I agree, being waitlisted is the worst feeling for UWO. Basically puts your life on hold while you wait

I thought they no longer give bonus points for graduate degrees. The reason there were more graduate students last year is because it improved their ABS and interview. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Can you elaborate on the academic trends?

Good luck guys!

Consistent high grades/improving grades over your degree.

The admissions committee is around ~20 people. I feel like they will sort people before the meeting (based on all the scores) and then the adcom team will confirm or deny the selections (they have voting/non-voting members)? I wonder if they will scan our picture into a ppt and have our scores up with jot points from our ABS lol

I thought they no longer give bonus points for graduate degrees. The reason there were more graduate students last year is because it improved their ABS and interview. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Consistent high grades/improving grades over your degree.

I hope the picture I gave in makes me look like a good person...

On the Application Process part of the site it says "Applicants who have completed graduate studies are given bonus points" so I guess it's still there. 

For those of you that don't know, in the last several years results were released at midnight on whatever day the emails were released. So emails would be sent in the morning at around 9 AM but Student Centre will already be updated during midnight. That's why I've been checking every midnight lol. Also last year it took a month and a day (April 10 interview, May 11 release).

wait tomorrow? i thought it was next week! It'd be a dream come true if I get western. 

Is it true that western dental students get med backpacks too?! :wub:  

They get their own Schulich Dentistry backpacks distinct from med. It was black/dark blue last year. Is it always that colour?

For those of you that don't know, in the last several years results were released at midnight on whatever day the emails were released. So emails would be sent in the morning at around 9 AM but Student Centre will already be updated during midnight. That's why I've been checking every midnight lol. Also last year it took a month and a day (April 10 interview, May 11 release).

They get their own Schulich Dentistry backpacks distinct from med. It was black/dark blue last year. Is it always that colour?

Does it say "UWO Dental" or anything?

wait tomorrow? i thought it was next week! It'd be a dream come true if I get western. 

Is it true that western dental students get med backpacks too?! :wub:  

It's definitely gonna be this week ! I don't know how we can interpret "early this week" as said by the admissions, but I do know it'll be this week lol

Archived