Premed 101 Forums

Ip Waitlist Discussion 2017

Medapp2017

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, QuestionMedHopeful said:

Ahhh I'm enrolled in a program and my payment is due in 2 days... it would be reckless to not pay and withdraw in the hopes of the wait list moving 4 spots in 2 months but I also don't want to lose 10 thousands of dollars if I do get in lol

what a fun dilemma to be in.... what would you guys do in my position...?

Can you contact your program? Is there any possibility of getting your payment back, or making a late payment with interest charge, typically there's a time period with a late interest charge?

15 hours ago, QuestionMedHopeful said:

Ahhh I'm enrolled in a program and my payment is due in 2 days... it would be reckless to not pay and withdraw in the hopes of the wait list moving 4 spots in 2 months but I also don't want to lose 10 thousands of dollars if I do get in lol

what a fun dilemma to be in.... what would you guys do in my position...?

I'm with Looktoabove. I would contact your program and ask to defer your payment. I wouldn't tell them that it was because you were waiting for news for another program, but just something along the lines of "it really won't be possible for me to make the payment at this time. Is there any way that I can defer the tuition payment until I get things straightened out?" Most schools have some sort of grace period for tuition (I defer mine every year while I wait for my student loans to come through), so it may be possible.

5 hours ago, QuestionMedHopeful said:

I've already extended it :( 

im talking to them again today for more extension but i doubt it.... I feel like movement of 4 is very likely in 2 months but I can't live that dangerously on the edge 

If you don't pay, are you automatically kicked out right away, or is there just a period where you accrue interest? It might be worth it to rack up a bit of interest so that you still have the fall back, if they give you that option.

23 minutes ago, TOgirl said:

Does anyone know whether to expect more OOP waitlist movement? Do OOP applicants ever defer?

From my understanding, July 1 is the deadline for accepted applicants to defer. There may be some movement over the next few weeks.

I am from Toronto and got accepted from the OOP category. I deferred my entry until next fall and I believe the waitlist had already moved based on my deferral. I think they are assessing them on an ongoing basis and releasing more spots from the waitlist based on that. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived