Premed 101 Forums

Ip Waitlist Discussion 2017

Medapp2017

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do you think they'll update the waitlist potential offers on the website? 

No idea, but I'm spamming F5 on it.  :eek:

Dates to look out for: May 9th for Ontario school first round offers, May 16th for French schools and June 15th for deposit refund deadline.

The waitlist progress is finally open.... (https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/after-youve-applied/waitlist-post-interview)

I'm surprised the IP waitlist is starting at #1 and not #2 since someone on this forum got accepted last week......  this is such torture :(

I also know someone else who got in off WL the day the ranking was released, so it at least started at #3 this year

I also know someone else who got in off WL the day the ranking was released, so it at least started at #3 this year

It is at #1 at the moment as per the website. 

If you want to confirm ask your friend if he had a rank when he got his answer, I believe it is likely that he was not given one.

Some people were unranked and given an acceptance. I think there were unfilled spots after the first round of acceptances.

Exactly.

If you want to confirm ask your friend if he had a rank when he got his answer, I believe it is likely that he was not given one.

Some people were unranked and given an acceptance. I think there were unfilled spots after the first round of acceptances.

I was in the second round and I still don't have an answer.

TBH i find it a bit upsetting that the waitlist opens without everyone being informed about their situation. At this point, though, there really isn't anything to conclude from your situation: you could be accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. Try not to mind what's happening as it doesn't have any bearing on your outcome.

TBH i find it a bit upsetting that the waitlist opens without everyone being informed about their situation. At this point, though, there really isn't anything to conclude from your situation: you could be accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. Try not to mind what's happening as it doesn't have any bearing on your outcome.

Thanks you're right!

I kept track of the waitlists last year until they closed:

IP       OOP    Inter    NTP    QR:IMG    Med-P
30-Mar    1           2          1           1    
6-Apr       1           3          1          1    
7-Apr       2           3          1          1    
14-Apr     3           3          1          1    
19-Apr     4           3          1          1    
20-Apr     4           3          2          1    
16-May    6           4          2          1           1           3
18-May    6           5          2          1           1           3
24-May    6           5          2          1           1           4
26-May    6           5          2          1           1           6
27-May    6           6          2          1           1         16
30-May    6           7          2          1           1         16
9-Jun       6           8          2          1           1         17
13-Jun     6           9          2          1           1         19
14-Jun     6         10          2          1           1         19
16-Jun     7         10          2          1           1         19
20-Jun     7         12          2          1           1         19
21-Jun     7         13          2          1           1         19
30-Jun     7         14          2          1           1         19
4-Jul        8         14          2          1           1         19
5-Jul      12         14          2          1           1         19
7-Jul      13         14          2          1           1         19
12-Jul    14         14          2      closed       1         19
14-Jul    14         14          2                       1         20
4-Aug    15         14      closed                   1         20

I was tracking the wait list last year for all categories, and for what it's worth here are the dates when places were released

IP OOP Inter NTP QR: IMG Med-P 30-Mar 1 2 1   1   6-Apr 1 3 1   1   7-Apr 2 3 1   1   14-Apr 3 3 1   1   19-Apr 4 3 1   1   20-Apr 4 3 2   1   16-May 6 4 2 1 1 3 18-May 6 5 2 1 1 3 24-May 6 5 2 1 1 4 26-May 6 5 2 1 1 6 27-May 6 6 2 1 1 16 30-May 6 7 2 1 1 16 9-Jun 6 8 2 1 1 17 13-Jun 6 9 2 1 1 19 14-Jun 6 10 2 1 1 19 16-Jun 7 10 2 1 1 19 20-Jun 7 12 2 1 1 19 21-Jun 7 13 2 1 1 19 30-Jun 7 14 2 1 1 19 4-Jul 8 14 2 1 1 19 5-Jul 12 14 2 1 1 19 7-Jul 13 14 2 1 1 19 12-Jul 14 14 2 closed 1 19 14-Jul 14 14 2   1 20 4-Aug 15 14 closed   1 20

Are the numbers indicating the person who got called, or the next person to be called?

Yes I meant to say that he did not receive a rank, he was said to be "Waitlisted" when the first admission responses were released. On the day of the WL ranking release, he was then accepted without every having been given a WL rank. 

Are there any admitted students or students on the waitlist that will either decline their acceptance offer or decline their waitlist position if they're accepted to another school (OMSAS answers come out tomorrow for Ontario and French schools give answers on May 16)?

Just curious what to expect.... more of a trend like last year (14 IP got in off waitlist) or the year before that (26 IP got in off waitlist)

Since this is the only school I'm counting on and am waitlisted and it's torture....

Thanks.... :D

Don't want to get your hopes up as my casper was a total nightmare in Laval but my girlfriend made me promise that we'd got to Laval if I were to be accepted there and I'm currently #5 on the waitlist (3rd in line since they will be offering #3 next).

Oh and I am part of the PhD contingent in Laval

Good luck.

Are there any admitted students or students on the waitlist that will either decline their acceptance offer or decline their waitlist position if they're accepted to another school (OMSAS answers come out tomorrow for Ontario and French schools give answers on May 16)?

Just curious what to expect.... more of a trend like last year (14 IP got in off waitlist) or the year before that (26 IP got in off waitlist)

Since this is the only school I'm counting on and am waitlisted and it's torture....

Thanks.... :D

Don't want to get your hopes up as my casper was a total nightmare in Laval but my girlfriend made me promise that we'd got to Laval if I were to be accepted there and I'm currently #5 on the waitlist (3rd in line since they will be offering #3 next).

Oh and I am part of the PhD contingent in Laval

Good luck.

Damn I really hope you plan on marrying that girlfriend.. This is a really important decision that will likely dictate your future, a decision like this should be based on other factors..

Archived