Premed 101 Forums

Ip Waitlist Discussion 2017

Medapp2017

I thought Laval was a long shot :), congrats! I'll try to keep hope, everything is possible.

I also thought It went horribly but hey seems that was enough.

To be perfectly honest though you guys are lucky that my girlfriend put her foot down (kidding she's wonderful) cuz otherwise I would have chosen McGill.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

There you go guys and girls, I was #5 and just denied my admission (really had to recheck about 5 times to make sure I was accepted to Laval - Yess I know I'm being paranoid but hey).

I wish all of you on the waitlist the best of chances in the coming summer (and later on of course but hopefully you'll get in this year).

So long it was fun.

Last year there was a date around June 15th for deposits to be refundable so there was some movement after that as well, I'm not sure if the deposit is refundable this year and what the deadline is, if it's not refundable there may be more movement later on for this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 7:08 PM, SunAndMoon said:

Last year it moved by 5-6 right after deferral deadline. And then it moved by another 1-2 until the end of the cycle...

The WL is moving a lot faster than it did last year (it was at #7 this time last year). You think we're looking at a 18-20 spot mvt?

1 of two possible scenarios 

1- It's actually moving more than last year, and deferrals on July first will be in the same range. In that case it could move significantly if there's a similar number of deferrals.

2- They've been doing deferrals as they come this time, 1st week of July will not have that much movement. In that case it only move marginally from now until the end of the cycle.

Really hard to tell...just gotta wait :(

3 hours ago, SunAndMoon said:

1- It's actually moving more than last year, and deferrals on July first will be in the same range. In that case it could move significantly if there's a similar number of deferrals.

2- They've been doing deferrals as they come this time, 1st week of July will not have that much movement. In that case it only move marginally from now until the end of the cycle.

Really hard to tell...just gotta wait :(

personally I think your first scenario is most likely... It's more likely it's just moving more this year like it did in 2015 than it is that they randomly decided to do deferrals weeks earlier this year when they've been doing them around first week July the past 2 years (probably previous yrs too idk). In 2015 the waitlist (IP and OOP) moved a LOT and then last year not so much. So this year looks like it's following the 2015 trend.

Consider this... last accepted on med p wait list last year was #21 and this year it's already at #17 and it's only June.... med p can't be granted deferrals so this is another indication that wait lists are generally moving more this year 

i'm not just trying to give false hope and be overly optimistic... i'm a realistic person and this seems most realistic to me based on likelihood and the assumption they're not randomly changing their ways this year (highkey praying i'm right lmao)

(this is all obviously just my opinion)

Archived