Premed 101 Forums

U Of T Acceptances

bornandraised

• 3 weeks later...

Hey congratulations in getting accepted!! I haven't applied this year but definitely will for next year!! Do you mind sharing your stats? I am very worried about getting accepted since it is my dream to go to UofT's nursing school!

I just finished my undergrad at UofT about a month ago. My final year average is about an 84% and my final year GPA is a 3.7 I think (or around that). I have about 600 hours working in 5 units/departments at SickKids and another hospital, worked on the executive team of student organizations, and participated in quite a few research projects. One of the projects is being submitted to a medical journal with my name on it. I am so jealous of you right now... I REALLY hope to get accepted next year!!

Hey congratulations in getting accepted!! I haven't applied this year but definitely will for next year!! Do you mind sharing your stats? I am very worried about getting accepted since it is my dream to go to UofT's nursing school!

I just finished my undergrad at UofT about a month ago. My final year average is about an 84% and my final year GPA is a 3.7 I think (or around that). I have about 600 hours working in 5 units/departments at SickKids and another hospital, worked on the executive team of student organizations, and participated in quite a few research projects. One of the projects is being submitted to a medical journal with my name on it. I am so jealous of you right now... I REALLY hope to get accepted next year!!

I have a friend who applied and was accepted at the end of April. Had around an 84 average for her last 2 years and muuch less extra-curriculars than you.So you sound in great shape. Good luck!

Certainly! 

My last year of undergrad was around a 3.86. I've been working as a research assistant since finishing my masters last year, I previously worked at a local non-profit working with marginalized populations developing and implementing an overdose prevention program, two years volunteering as an outreach worker (harm reduction/needle exchange), standardized patient for two years, two years as a Toastmaster, board member with Elizabeth Fry, ~10 years doing receptionist work at local walk-in clinic, two summers working at a science centre, several research projects throughout undergrad and graduate degree (first author on two papers), multiple conference presentations, volunteer medical work in Africa, and physician shadowing throughout Northern Ontario.

Wishing you the best of luck! U of T sounds like a great program and I will keep my fingers crossed for you  :) 

Archived