Premed 101 Forums

Question About Getting 2Nd Degree?

Hello,

I graduated last year at the University of Toronto with a BSc degree and I'm thinking of going back to complete a second degree. I already did the required courses during my first degree and I was wondering if I have to redo all of the prereq courses again during my second degree?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on your second degree and school... ex I did my second degree in dietetics so my chem, biochem, physio etc all transferred and I didn't have to redo them. Also check to make sure you can do another science degree (I have a HBSc & BASc which are different degrees but some unis have rules where if you have a BSc you can't get another one and have to do a BA, BASc etc)

Hello,

I graduated last year at the University of Toronto with a BSc degree and I'm thinking of going back to complete a second degree. I already did the required courses during my first degree and I was wondering if I have to redo all of the prereq courses again during my second degree?

Thanks in advance.

Doing a second degree is alot of work.. have you considered masters?

Thanks for the answers.

I know with UofT, I can't do another science degree so it has to be something in arts. I have to talk with the registrar to get more information.

I did consider doing a masters but its better if I just do another degree.

4 years undergrad vs 1~3 years masters..

With that logic, a 4 year PhD is just as much work as an undergrad. You are held to MUCH higher standards in a graduate degree. It also depends if it is a course or thesis-based masters program. 

I'm not trying to belittle the work that goes into an undergraduate degree however, it is a very different type of work. 

With that logic, a 4 year PhD is just as much work as an undergrad. You are held to MUCH higher standards in a graduate degree. It also depends if it is a course or thesis-based masters program. 

I'm not trying to belittle the work that goes into an undergraduate degree however, it is a very different type of work. 

lol, you ask anyone who's thinking of improving chances of pursuing professional school and whether they'd prefer to do masters or undergrad, most will say masters. Only some will choose to re-do undergrad if the mark is too far off from the competitive level (it's like the last option available). 2 years of masters doing research/easier course based masters vs 5 courses per semester doing undergrad barely getting sleep during exam season to get 90+, most will say masters is easier, shorter, more applicable, and better off.

Archived