Premed 101 Forums

You could probably justify either, depending on where you consider your "home" to be and if you consider yourself more student or more employee.

When I started residency, I started filing as an Ontario resident (was filing as Albertan during medical school).

You could probably justify either, depending on where you consider your "home" to be and if you consider yourself more student or more employee.

When I started residency, I started filing as an Ontario resident (was filing as Albertan during medical school).

yeah probably - there are no set rules for which province you are in. Particularly for your first year of residency where you are only in the province for 6 months max you likely could swing either way. They when trying to assess this look at a variety of factors - family, property owned, where your drivers/health insurance cards are issued, where your work is. This does some up from time to time as the rates between various provinces are actually quite different and ha in particular at doctor staff income levels would equal thousands of dollars so there is temptation to define yourself to be in a cheaper province :) 

Archived