Premed 101 Forums

May 12Th Support Thread

Hey everyone! 

I don't know about you guys but I can't stop thinking about May 12th... how set my life will be if I get in, and how frustrated I will be having to work another year if I don't. I'm trying not to be neurotic and obsess over this, but I legit can't help it. I must spend at least a few hours everyday looking through the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread and comparing my stats, seeing if I can find some kind of trend. At work, on my breaks, at the gym, on the skytrain, even out with friends, I can not stop it's so annoying haha. I just want that day to come and go so I can move on with my life and know what exactly my next steps will be. Waiting in this limbo and not knowing is frustrating. 

How is everyone else? I wish I had taken a vacation from work and enjoyed these 3 weeks till we find out. 

Best,

Kol. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! 

I don't know about you guys but I can't stop thinking about May 12th... how set my life will be if I get in, and how frustrated I will be having to work another year if I don't. I'm trying not to be neurotic and obsess over this, but I legit can't help it. I must spend at least a few hours everyday looking through the accepted/rejected/waitlisted thread and comparing my stats, seeing if I can find some kind of trend. At work, on my breaks, at the gym, on the skytrain, even out with friends, I can not stop it's so annoying haha. I just want that day to come and go so I can move on with my life and know what exactly my next steps will be. Waiting in this limbo and not knowing is frustrating. 

How is everyone else? I wish I had taken a vacation from work and enjoyed these 3 weeks till we find out. 

Best,

Kol. 

A vacation definitely would have been a great idea...really wish I did one of those

What is the post-acceptance requirement for this year's grades?

I remember reading somewhere that you just can't drop your cGPA by 5%.

Also, are there any policies indicating that if your worst year is your most recent year, it can't be dropped?

Ie. if you are currently finishing 4th year, you can't drop this years grades.

Just wondering, does anyone know if bombing one or two stations count as red flags? I remember one station where the topic was something I had no idea about, took a jab at it and the interviewer basically told me that I was talking about the wrong thing. 

So screwed...

I think red flags are things like racism, sexism, lack of empathy, lack of discretion for rules/the law, things like that. Although obviously you want to do well on every station, I think what you described is more of a mistake that could be overcome by doing well on other stations :) Obviously I don't have any more concrete information that you do, but I hope I can encourage you a bit based on what I've heard 

Just wondering, does anyone know if bombing one or two stations count as red flags? I remember one station where the topic was something I had no idea about, took a jab at it and the interviewer basically told me that I was talking about the wrong thing. 

So screwed...

Chances are that if you felt it was a difficult station, then other may have also felt the same.

So screwed...

Lol haha, at my easiest station I had to analyze a statement and I instead began giving an example of a hardship from my life. The interviewer looked just sad ????.

Lol haha, at my easiest station I had to analyze a statement and I instead began giving an example of a hardship from my life. The interviewer looked just sad .

I know exactly what station you're talking about and I did the exact same thing, lol. 

Archived