Premed 101 Forums

Western Personal Submissions

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how much emphasis Western puts on the personal submissions? I am asking because to me, it is difficult to objectively judge personal submissions and it would therefore seem that GPA would take priority. 

Does anyone have any information on this? 

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how much emphasis Western puts on the personal submissions? I am asking because to me, it is difficult to objectively judge personal submissions and it would therefore seem that GPA would take priority.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Assuming you're talking about physio, they take the top 300 applicants and establish a minimum GPA cutoff. Once the GPA cutoff has been estsblished, everyone with a GPA above this will move on to the next stage. At this point, all GPA's are wiped clean and they are not considered at all anymore. So bottom line, first step is 100% GPA, but once you make it past that stage of the process, it's 100% based on submissions, references and experiences, and 0% GPA.

Assuming you're talking about physio, they take the top 300 applicants and establish a minimum GPA cutoff. Once the GPA cutoff has been estsblished, everyone with a GPA above this will move on to the next stage. At this point, all GPA's are wiped clean and they are not considered at all anymore. So bottom line, first step is 100% GPA, but once you make it past that stage of the process, it's 100% based on submissions, references and experiences, and 0% GPA.

Wow that's great information! Thanks for the reply. 

I was actually wondering about OT. Do you have any information about that? I imagine it's a similar process. 

Wow that`s surprising! Where did you get this information justinmccluck? Are you a current or former western PT student!?

I go to Western and that's exactly right for PT. They give a score on each submission based on references, experiences and traits they look for in your personal statements.

Archived