Premed 101 Forums

Walk In Clinics?

Why arent these lucrative?

I've heard various things? A lot say you cant make money from WICs. vs I know some wealthy wic docs.

High patient volume, usually very simple cases, can get exhausting yes. But seeing 50 pts in 5-6 hours is a nice chunk of change.

Why arent these lucrative?

I've heard various things? A lot say you cant make money from WICs. vs I know some wealthy wic docs.

High patient volume, usually very simple cases, can get exhausting yes. But seeing 50 pts in 5-6 hours is a nice chunk of change.

They can be lucrative if you get multiple doctors in a clinic with high patient volume. If it's just you, then you alone are paying for the rent, MOA, etc. instead of splitting the overhead with other doc's. Also as a walk in clinic doctor, you miss out on the attachment fees and complex care fees that family doctors can get. 

They can be lucrative if you get multiple doctors in a clinic with high patient volume. If it's just you, then you alone are paying for the rent, MOA, etc. instead of splitting the overhead with other doc's. Also as a walk in clinic doctor, you miss out on the attachment fees and complex care fees that family doctors can get. 

it would seem the primary problem is the patient flow as you say. The government hasn't exactly incentivized them either. 

Archived