Schulich Dentistry Class Of 2021 Accepted/waitlisted/rejected

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Result: Accepted

GPA: 87.9 (Best 2)
IP/OOP: IP
DAT (AA + PAT): 21,19
Interview: Felt good about it walking out. But took it hard on my self the next day and on. I thought I said some stupid stuff but really, I was just being myself.  
Year of study: 4th year undergrad (Just finished exams 2 days ago!)

ABS/PS: Pretty good ABS/PS. Research. Please PM for details

I literally can not believe it, feels like a dream. Don't be discouraged from your grades in your first year. Didn't do great that year. That summer, I spent some time reflecting on what I needed to change in my life in order to achieve what I wanted. Ladies and gents, stay at it, keep grinding. For the class of 2021, I look forward to meeting you all. For now, let's enjoy our summers!

Result: Waitlisted! Was expecting a rejection so pretty happy with it :D

GPA: 87%

OOP

DAT: 20AA 23PAT

Interview: Thoght it went well. Practiced months for MMI beforehand.

Year of study: graduated With BSc.

ABS/PS: 4 year long research projects/summer research/2 publications. Loads of long term leadership and volunteer programs, some self-initiated (tutoring programs, orphans sponsorship organizations, community Homeless outreach)

Accepted 

GPA: ~88% 

IP 

DAT: 23AA 25RC 

Interview: thought it went really well - got them to laugh and overall I felt I had a very good conversation with them. 

Year: 2nd year Graduate 

ABS: Lots of leadership, research, sports, awards and music 

However I will be declining for UofT so good luck to those on the wait list. 

Accepted - wasn't expecting this one!

GPA: 92%

DAT (AA/RC): 21/20
Interview: Felt alright! Was not sure if I would click with the interviewers.

Year of study: UG 4

ABS/PS: Pretty varied and many long-term involvements. PM for details.

It's been an absolutely crazy cycle. Haven't decided where to attend - UofT and UWO are both amazing.

Edit: I wanted to add that I didn't believe it was possible to get into a dental school with my DAT and I was 100% expecting to rewrite. Do not lose hope if one part of your app is not the strongest. Get the interview, and kill the interview (treat it like it's worth 100%). 

And most importantly at the interviews, BE YOURSELF.

Result: Waitlisted

GPA: 92% (best 2 years)
OOP
DAT (AA + RC): 23, 23
Interview: Very mixed feelings... I tripped up on the first 2 questions but I was able to regroup myself for the rest of the interview. Lasted ~25 minutes.
Year of study: Finished UG last year, currently working

ABS/PS: I put a lot of thought into my essays. Lots of volunteer activities, involvement in program societies, artsy hobbies, researched in 3 different labs, some work experience. 

Didn't think this would happen!

Accepted

GPA: 92%

DAT (AA/RC): 21/24
Interview: Felt unsure after leaving, but my interview grew on me after I replayed it a thousand times in my head

ABS/PS: Pretty varied and many long-term involvements. PM for details.

For those who hear rejections or are waitlisted, I really hope you hear good news. Keep your chins up! Can't wait to meet everyone attending Schulich this fall!  :)

Accepted!
GPA: 91% (best 2 years)
IP
DAT: 21AA 22RC
Interview: Felt great after but uncertainty crept in more and more each day. It really gave me a chance to show who I was as a person which I appreciated a lot. Tried to incorporate personal examples when I could. Practised nonstop with friends. Astroff wasn't worth it. Crush was worth it.
Year of study: 5th year
ABS/PS: Decent volunteering, research, 100+ hours shadowing, some work and academic awards. Spent a long time on my personal statement and made sure I was completely satisfied with it after asking many friends for their opinions.

Excited to meet everyone!

Congrats to those who gained admission to Schulich 2021!

For those one the waitlist, don't stay glued to your phone waiting for a call and being paranoid everytime a call is missed. I did this and it ruined me emotionally. It's better to just live your life and enjoy the summer. You'll probably get the call when you least expect it. I know I sure did. As stated, lots of movement will happen between now and August!

Good luck to all!

Archived