Premed 101 Forums

What're My Chances For Ot/pt Admission?

I have a sGPA of 3.6 with a Kinesiology degree from Waterloo, what're the chances of getting into OT at Western, Queens, UoT or PT at Queens? I have some experience and pretty good references (acted as a research assistant in a brain and body lab + volunteering at a physio clinic. Please let me know ASAP, I'm not sure if i should take a couple extra courses or not, I appreciate any help given, cheers. 

I'm confused as to what your current position is, if you've just graduated or will be graduating next year based on your GPA already being calculated. You won't make the cutoff for any PT schools, and I can't comment for OT. I think you should consider going back for some classes in the spring and fall to help boost your GPA, and get some more experience on the side. If you want to get into Queen's for PT, you'll need a decent amount of PT experience. Not sure what OT schools are looking for in terms of experience. But if this is something you want, you should work for it. No shame in going back for more classes if you've already graduated. Remember that since the deadline to apply is the beginning of January, you can only add to your resume through the rest of this year.

For OT, 3.7 is considered a competitive sub gpa but if your cumulative gpa is 3.2 or higher then Queen's will be worth applying to. Queen's considers applicants with good volunteer/work experiences. However, regarless of which school you apply to, you have to meet the gpa cut off first. If you are applying for the 2018 intake then I think it's better to take more undergrad courses to improve gpa for a better chance. Each year the gpa cut off seems to get higher.

Archived