Premed 101 Forums

Immunization Form

I get that. I really just meant that they told me I'd have to pay for the doctor to fill out things I have already gotten vaccinated for.

There's a long list of things they check and give you boosts for if you need more immunizations. You also need a TB skin test and that'll need confirmation with multiple appointments. 

You pay an initial fee and then just follow what they say and bring the approved form back to the UME office. 

- G 

Alright. Thanks! :D I actually just went to my family doctor's clinic but he's on leave until May 15th. The doc who took a look at it really had no idea where to start. Will try another venue :P

If you can do it at the university health clinic at the UofA. The people there do these forms every year. They'll just look at it and be ready. 

That said bring a copy of your own immunization records and just answer a few questions regarding your medical and immunization history. 

- G

So if you grew up in Calgary and are booking an appointment for Edmonton, make sure you call ahead to get Calgary region to send your records to Edmonton, as they operate regionally and do not have all of Alberta's residents there.

So if you grew up in Calgary and are booking an appointment for Edmonton, make sure you call ahead to get Calgary region to send your records to Edmonton, as they operate regionally and do not have all of Alberta's residents there.

Or just have them mail it to your home and take it with you. 

I have copies of my immunization records on me personally. 

- G

If you live in Calgary, I would suggest going to the U of C health centre. They filled out everything for me there! It was a one trip thing (plus he follow up for the Mantoux test) they made it easier and they actually knew what they were doing, unlike my family doc.

One of the people in my class JUST finished their form haha

Archived