Premed 101 Forums

Khan Academy

next.med88

I have never taken a formal psychology course (sports psychology was the closest thing), but I found the Khan Academy videos to be plenty. I read the Kaplan books as well but much of the information was overlap (I scored a 127 on the psych section just for reference). Honestly found that when I took it there was more about scientific study design than actual psych questions. That's more of a personal opinion though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just like Exerc i've never taken psych either.

But For the mcat, people have told me that a great way to approach it is to use different sources for the same topics. Since a lot of the learning involves very "chill" work (i.e. feels like recreational reading sometimes), it might be helpful to quickly glance over how your princeton book defines certain concepts after you finish watching Khan.

And i agree with exerc about the scientific study design focus. I don't have any advice on that front: Since I had a science undergrad background I didn't need to focus attention on studying this aspect.

Videos alone are never enough to get fully prepared. No doubt khan academy is great resource to get prepared. I get prepared using all the free resources like youtube, slideshare, khan academy to get overall detailed perspective. 

Archived