Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread 2017

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello fellow waitlisters,

This is my second time on the waitlist (med school purgatory). I have no idea what the chances are of coming off, but best of luck to everyone waiting.

People who received offers have until the 26th to respond, so waiisters should start receiving offers near the end of the month.

Hello, fellow waitlisters

What a painful wait we have in front of us for the next few weeks (months..?). I am starting to become insominac...fearing that things won't work out for me again this year. Having been rejected three times already in the past, I am quite exhausted, especially in light of yesterday's rejection from U of C. 

I know I should keep my hopes up but I keep telling myself that my chances are slim just so coming to terms with a potential rejection can be somewhat easier (at the same time, I can't stop myself from imagining how happy I will be if accepted!). 

How are you guys all holding up? 

Sorry for this rant that is no good use for anyone here but I don't personally know many ppl who are in the same boat as me :(

Hello, fellow waitlisters

What a painful wait we have in front of us for the next few weeks (months..?). I am starting to become insominac...fearing that things won't work out for me again this year. Having been rejected three times already in the past, I am quite exhausted, especially in light of yesterday's rejection from U of C. 

I know I should keep my hopes up but I keep telling myself that my chances are slim just so coming to terms with a potential rejection can be somewhat easier (at the same time, I can't stop myself from imagining how happy I will be if accepted!). 

How are you guys all holding up? 

Sorry for this rant that is no good use for anyone here but I don't personally know many ppl who are in the same boat as me :(

This is my fourth cycle, so I know how you feel. I'm really hoping that I get off the waitlist this time around. I haven't been as active on the forum lately as I've had a lot going on in my personal life (family illnesses, etc.). 

My history applying to U of A looks like this:

2014 - waitlisted (obviously never made it off)

2015 - Rejected pre-interview

2016 - Rejected post-interview

2017 - waitlisted again (hoping to make it off this time)

I'm not sure whether I should apply again if I don't get accepted. I'm a super non-trad with a decent paying career. It's not my dream job by any means, but pays my bills and more. I guess at this point all we can do is wait.  :)

I just got off the waitlist and got accepted as of May 17th! I will be declining this offer for another school! 

I think they're going through the waitlist in waves, and not waiting until the end of May like some other schools do!

Hang in there guys and good luck :)

Nothing here, in previous years UofA waited until the end of May. Anyone else get anything?

Mlab, are you IP or OOP? Ontario, UBC, and Sask results were released so a lot of OOPs probably rejected their U of A spots, so U of A could confidently offer up some to their waitlist. I haven't heard anything about the IP waitlist moving yet.

Mlab, are you IP or OOP? Ontario, UBC, and Sask results were released so a lot of OOPs probably rejected their U of A spots, so U of A could confidently offer up some to their waitlist. I haven't heard anything about the IP waitlist moving yet.

I'm OOP. It looks like GiveMeLife is OOP as well?

Sooo, it looks like the 2/3 yr applicant waitlist might be moving....and perhaps the 4 yr IP pool is moving but no one has posted. For those on the waitlist, I checked my docs on my application page and my waitlist letter and waitlist faqs letter has been changed to "you do not have permission to perform this action." Has anyone else had this change? Very worried!

Sooo, it looks like the 2/3 yr applicant waitlist might be moving....and perhaps the 4 yr IP pool is moving but no one has posted. For those on the waitlist, I checked my docs on my application page and my waitlist letter and waitlist faqs letter has been changed to "you do not have permission to perform this action." Has anyone else had this change? Very worried!

If I recall you usually only have a limited window to download your documents. 

Maybe you just passed your window. 

- G

Ghost is right, they take the documents down when the new application is being released. If you didn't download them, PM me your email address and I'll send em your way!

Ok. No worries. I did download the docs. But I thought they would leave the waitlist facts page up for us? I also thought the new app cycle did not open up until July? Like friendly magpie said, " Med school purgatory."

So other waitlisters, are ur doc letters gone?

@Livinalberta No, I haven't had that change. My waitlist documents are still there. Maybe it's a good sign for you!! *fingers crossed*

Thanks pscycforpsych! Good on you for U of C! And good luck if you are wanting U of A! It is going to be a very long weekend!

Archived