Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread 2017

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you mean this is your last cycle?

It means I'm not applying again after this. I'm a super non-trad and already have a professional job. I have an interview coming up for a big promotion plus two sick family members right now, so it's becoming less and less feasible for me to keep applying. Hopefully I'll get in this time, but if I don't, then I'll focus on other aspects in life.  :)

I was feeling a bit down because there has not been any recent posting re: wait-list.  I phoned med admissions this morning and asked if she could give any status of wait-list possibilities for IP applicants.  She said there were 2 outstanding offers with the possibility of a couple more tomorrow and Friday,  as well as some more possibilities for next week. She said that she would probably wait until tomorrow or Friday to send out more offers.  OK.. so still hope!  MEthinks that if a person received an offer they would respond that day if they intended on accepting!  So here is hoping that the offered waitlist applicants will turn their acceptances down!  So this purgatory continues....

1 hour ago, Livinalberta said:

Anyone hear anything?  I wish U of A would have  waitlist like some of the other med schools (High, medium, low).  It would perhaps guide the waitlist applicants a bit more in their future plans.  Just a thought......

It would be very nice if they gave us our rank number and released how many people made it off the waitlist from previous years. 

Also - thanks for giving the office a call earlier this week! Greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, ThatCanadianGuy said:

It would be very nice if they gave us our rank number and released how many people made it off the waitlist from previous years. 

Also - thanks for giving the office a call earlier this week! Greatly appreciated. 

Yep, definitely agree with you guys! 

I also have yet to hear anything :( 

No news here either. A few years ago when I was on the waitlist, they did send out a "Class is full" e-mail. Until we get that e-mail (assuming they still send it), there is still hope. I just checked my inbox and the "class is full" mail didn't show up until June 23rd when I was waitlisted before, so that's still a few weeks away.

I guess still no news for us again assuming that the admission always send out offers in the morning..:(

Btw, does anyone know if rejected applicants can find out the actual numerical interviews scores (other than pass or fail) if we ask admissions or do they no longer disclose this information? 

Well folks.  I am kind of thinking this week will be the last of any real movement off the waitlist.  I have started thinking of plans for the next year before I start up on the med application cycle.  If I do not hear anything by this Friday, I will consider myself rejected.  I have learned a lot about med apps and interviews.  I hope to come back stronger.  Good luck to everyone this week. :)

Archived