Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread 2017

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know when or approximately when they start offering spots to those on waitlist? And does it go until august?

They offer spots as they open. Theoretically, nobody could move if all 116 in the English stream decide to stay with Ottawa. But, due to multiple choices (and Ottawa not being the first choice for some applicants), some movement is always expected.

I believe their first calls last year were on the 24th or 25th, so around 2 weeks after offering.

They'll send an email out once the class is filled and there will be no more movement.

Do you know when or approximately when they start offering spots to those on waitlist? And does it go until august?

I think someone confirmed with admin last year that they wouldn't send out offers until the two week deadline for the initial offers arrived! But things can change :) 

Can anyone confirm that the good/bad waitlist system is still alive this year? I haven't seen a single bad waitlist post yet.

I hope were not wrongly assuming that were on the good waitlist...

Although I do understand it's very difficult for those who are on the bad waitlost to post right now.

Can anyone confirm that the good/bad waitlist system is still alive this year? I haven't seen a single bad waitlist post yet.

I hope were not wrongly assuming that were on the good waitlist...

Although I do understand it's very difficult for those who are on the bad waitlost to post right now.

Good point, or can anyone confirm this is the same email they got for "good waitlist" last year too?

From my observation, and not to freak anyone out, but from previous years the bad waitlist emails were typically sent out closer to/and after 8am.

I can at least  confirm that fact because I received an email at 8:10 am last year and was on the "bad" list (pretty far down I suppose)

Do we know what the movement is like for the french waitlist? What it was like in the past? Seems to me like there's no reason for it to move much...

Keep in mind that many candidates drop their waitlist spot too. You have a chance, good luck! I'm also on the good waitlist and I'd like to know stats :/

Dont wanna freak you out guys but apparently there is no such a thing as good or bad waitlist this year (despite what we were told during interview date). One of my friends just called the admission office and it seems that everybody is in the same list. That's Why we don't have any ''bad waitlist'' so far.

Phoenix 17, they said that last year as well. It may have changed since then, but last year someone also called and they said there is one waitlist. This is because it is one waitlist (according to the admissions office) it's just that the letter wording changes after a certain point- but it is still technically one list.

What Ottawa is doing is literal horse sh*t. Hundreds of hardworking applicants are confused, sad and many of us DEPRESSED for not getting accepted. I also got told on interview day that there's a good/bad waitlist. Is anyone else feeling disgusted by this unexpected change?

I do feel their system is cruel and ususual. For a fact, a good number of people will get off this enormous waitlist. At the same time, I felt like I did poorly, and to be honest, if I'm very far down the waitlist, I'd like to be informed of it, so I can plan for next year, etc.

​Because of this, I'm going to be in purgatory until August. 

What Ottawa is doing is literal horse sh*t. Hundreds of hardworking applicants are confused, sad and many of us DEPRESSED for not getting accepted. I also got told on interview day that there's a good/bad waitlist. Is anyone else feeling disgusted by this unexpected change?

Me! 

Guys we made it this far, there's no reason to get discouraged.

Ottawa is allowed to put us in whatever list they wish. Complaining about it won't make it feel any better to you. We're all great people and we must have done something right to get this far.

Just think, for everybody you're envious of today, there's probably 10 that are vying to get where you are right now and may never get there.

Just take your mind off of the waitlist for a couple weeks if that's going to help you and if it's meant to be, it'll happen :).

Archived