Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread 2017

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that every year I see people questioning the relevance of the timestamp of emails, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if this has ever been important?

I looked at last year's waitlist emails and it looked like people on the good waitlist (English) received emails at 7:58, and 7:59, and the one bad waitlisted applicant received their email at 8:01 am (English). Everyone who had an email at 7:58 was accepted off the waitlist, and some from the 7:59 am email were accepted (sadly I wasn't one of them).

Looking through this year's posts it looks like people on the English waitlist received emails at either 7:37 or 7:38.

hey man at this point I believe this is all unnecessary speculation and although everyone is trying to get some type of closure these theories will do nothing but create more anxiety and stress

whats meant to be is meant to be my friend, only time will tell 

edit: even if I told you (which I am totally bullshitting) that time stamps correlated with waitlist status, would you even really believe me? 

Yea I realize that I'm overanalyzing things lol. Even if this theory was true in the past, it is likely not relevant this year since they have one waitlist email. Although it will be interesting to see what happens.

hey man at this point I believe this is all unnecessary speculation and although everyone is trying to get some type of closure these theories will do nothing but create more anxiety and stress

whats meant to be is meant to be my friend, only time will tell 

edit: even if I told you (which I am totally bullshitting) that time stamps correlated with waitlist status, would you even really believe me? 

yeah don't do that - it is classic over thinking and can drive you nuts. Often it is just someone sitting in the office doing something that they feel like doing. I have had people freak out because the person sending things out had a doctors appointment that day for 1.5 hours, or take a coffee break. Next year a different person does it or whatever and the pattern changes. 

We squeeze and squeeze everything we can out of all the data - which is great - but taken to extremes you will go a bit nuts. 

I'm starting to regret having posted that... I'm sorry for having made that post I did not want to cause more stress :( Just wanted to inform everyone

Mr Duck

I don't think you did anything wrong - for most the information will reduce stress. 

Hey all

I'm on two waitlists, and I was wondering if I were to get off a waitlist for one school (e.g., Ottawa) and accept, would I be automatically removed from the other waitlist (Queens)? Or will I still get an email from Queens if I were to get a spot off the waitlist (after accepting Ottawa). 

Just a random question  :P I'm trying to be optimistic while in two ginormous waitlists (ottawa and queens) 

Hey all

I'm on two waitlists, and I was wondering if I were to get off a waitlist for one school (e.g., Ottawa) and accept, would I be automatically removed from the other waitlist (Queens)? Or will I still get an email from Queens if I were to get a spot off the waitlist (after accepting Ottawa).

Just a random question :P I'm trying to be optimistic while in two ginormous waitlists (ottawa and queens)

You would still get the queens email :)

Man these past two weeks have been great on the waitlist idk about you guys but I just convinced myself it wasn't happening this year, switched into a four year degree, applied for TA jobs and did training for another and joined another summer class. I haven't been this productive in making sure I have a good year... well... ever!

Archived