Premed 101 Forums

I'm not sure when you'll find out if you've gotten in or about the waitlist, but last year when I got waitlisted they said they go about halfway through the waitlist every year (there are about 100 seats on the waitlist). So even if you get waitlisted there's still a good chance! Whats your gpa if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not sure when you'll find out if you've gotten in or about the waitlist, but last year when I got waitlisted they said they go about halfway through the waitlist every year (there are about 100 seats on the waitlist). So even if you get waitlisted there's still a good chance! Whats your gpa if you don't mind me asking?

Do you mind sharing what was your GPA last year? Since you are a Saskatchewan applicant, it might be different for you but any info helps to get some peace of mind.

My GPA should be 3.65 for Alberta. U of A won't even confirm the GPA they calculated for me.

When I called them in the summer they said my gpa was 3.5. In the fall I found out that their cut off for sask students was 3.5 so I literally just missed out for the sask waitlist. But again, there are quite a bit fewer applicants from sask so the general waitlist will likely have higher gpa cut offs.

They say the minimum was 3.6, but that's just in general. Remember they take into account all aspects of the application so there is a chance for them to accept someone below that cut-off if the rest of their application is very strong- that's what happened to a friend of mine who entered the program last year.

Good luck and I hope you get notified about the wait list soon!

That's great to hear lol gives me some hope. What was your friend's GPA and work experience, if you don't mind sharing? I have tons of work and volunteer experiences. OT is what I want to do for the rest of my life and I'm finding it frustrating to keep on waiting. So much to figure out but can't do anything until I hear back from U of A.

I was in the exact same position last year! I was super disappointed I didn't get in, but I found that taking some extra courses this year to up my gpa was super beneficial so if you don't get in this year don't stress too much! I'm hoping you get in though!

@OThopeful18, her GPA was about a 3.4 I believe but she had very relevant and touching personal experience with the field. She also had great volunteer and work experience, she'd worked at several summer camps and I think an organization that provides services to children with disabilities.

This is my second time applying..hence the anxiety lol

So glad to know that even with a lower GPA, it is possible to get an admission offer.

Oh I see. Well I think the fact that you haven't heard anything yet is a good sign-. They are obviously still looking at your application! I really hope you get in this year! I'm sure after May 19th a lot will happen. That's not so far away! Have you applied anywhere else, if you don't mind me asking?

Did anyone else get an email from U of A saying they have been invited to apply for the scholar stream or a focus on indigenous people of Canada programs (the specialized opportunities)?

I received that email as well! It seems pretty interesting

Archived