• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 justasmalltowngirl

justasmalltowngirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

Firstly, a HUGE congratulations to all those (who have posted, have not posted, and aren't on the forum) who got accepted off of the waitlist!!! :)

Secondly, I am just wondering if anybody knows if NOSM will send a declined waitlist seat immediately after (like they did when initial acceptances were declined), or if they wait to send them out until after the week time frame to make a decision has passed? According to some other med school forums it seems that some schools do the latter, so I'm just trying to figure out if I should hold on to the teeniest tiniest glimmer of hope for the next 7 days, or let it go.

Getting that email yesterday sent me through another wave of emotions knowing I was not one of the 12 people to get a waitlist offer. I told myself to accept it and move on and begin preparing for the next cycle. And now here I am hoping there's still a chance! I'm continually flip flopping back and forth...I guess its just a hard thing to accept when you want it so bad!

2016/2017

Applied: NOSM

Interview: NOSM

Waitlisted: NOSM

#42 bornandraised

bornandraised

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:49 PM

Hey, guys. I just thought I would let you know that someone posted on the Facebook group that they received an offer of admission to NOSM and also to another school and that they have yet to decide which offer they will accept. Just remember that it isn't a given that those last six offers will all be accepted. Stay hopeful  :)

• rural_roots, MDwannabe02 and nwo_tbay like this

2013-2014:

Applied: NOSM, Mac, Ottawa, U of T, Queens, Western

Interviewed: None

2014-2015:

Applied: NOSM, Mac, Ottawa

Interviewed: NOSM

2015-2016:

Applied: NOSM, Mac, Ottawa

Interviewed: NOSM

2016-2017:

Applied: NOSM, Mac