Premed 101 Forums

2017 Queen's Waitlist Poll

Queen's waitlist 2017  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the option that best describes your situation with respect to Queen's medicine admissions.

• Offered admission but will be declining to accept another offer
    • Removing self from waitlist to accept another offer
    • On the waitlist with no other offers
    • Will be accepting the offer and attending Queen's
    • Rejected post-interview
    • On multiple waitlists (including Queen's) with no offers
    • ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST

I know exactly how you feel. Thinking about my answers, up till i got the decision, i wouldnt really change much about any of them. I realize no answer can ever be perfect, but that was as almost about as good as gets. And my ECs are actually great, as judged by friends in med.

On a side note, is anyone here waiting for multiple schools?

I am, but at this point I have this sinking feeling I'm going to get none of them.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, UnknownMedStudent said:

Does that mean by mid june if we are lower on the waitlist then we get notified? 

They just send the email whenever the class fills up and the waitlist is closed. In 2016 it was June 14th, in 2015 it was like June 25th. 

2 minutes ago, helicase said:

They just send the email whenever the class fills up and the waitlist is closed. In 2016 it was June 14th, in 2015 it was like June 25th. 

Is the entire waitlist closed? Would they not have to leave at least a couple people on the waitlist in case there is movement right before classes start?

28 minutes ago, UnknownMedStudent said:

Is the entire waitlist closed? Would they not have to leave at least a couple people on the waitlist in case there is movement right before classes start?

Yes, but I don't believe people are actually told this. Like you wouldn't know if you were still at the top of the waitlist with the potential to be offered admission in August. 

17 minutes ago, helicase said:

Yes, but I don't believe people are actually told this. Like you wouldn't know if you were still at the top of the waitlist with the potential to be offered admission in August. 

So everyone gets the email that the waitlist is closed? and if there is an opening, you are contacted again? Sorry for all the questions!

37 minutes ago, seventeenfour44 said:

Yes, from my understanding, when the class is full, everyone on the waitlist is contacted saying the class is full. However, in the situation where a student who was accepted defers their offer (e.g., in August), the person at the top of the waitlist will be contacted (again).

Yep, this is what I have heard as well.

28 minutes ago, InternistInTraining said:

Who here is also prepping to smash cars this summer?

^So uh, this should be deemed inadvisable as smashing cars would present a great risk to public safety!

EDIT1: Oh right, this is a pre-med forum and you are referring to the Critical Analysis & Reasoning (cars) section of the MCAT exam! My sincerest apologies :o

EDIT2: joking, but i know this is how a formal thread quickly becomes derailed, im so sorry..

3 minutes ago, Popetopus said:

^So uh, this should be deemed inadvisable as smashing cars would present a great riskpublic safety!

EDIT1: Oh right, this is a pre-med forum and you are referring to the Critical Analysis & Reasoning (cars) section of the MCAT exam! My sincerest apologies :o

EDIT2: joking, but i know this is how a formal thread quickly becomes derailed, im so sorry..

There is a wisdom behind writing cars in small and not capital letters :P

All jokes aside, this wait is killing me. Whose up to smash some cars

Archived