Premed 101 Forums

Queens Entrance Scholarship Email

I didn't receive the entrance scholarship email despite having a decently high GPA and what I thought was a good application and references. From what I've read on this forum, it seems to indicate those who have received the email are most likely going to receive an acceptance and those who have not may or may not still receive an acceptance. From those who have heard about people getting in without receiving the email or have personally gotten in without the email, what year did you apply for? The scholarship is only offered every 2 years so it may not mean anything if those who got in applied on the off years the scholarship was not offered. Maybe I'm just being a pessimist because I didn't receive the email but it doesn't seem to make sense to send out early emails of "acceptance" but since they have, its getting harder and harder to feel like they're still reviewing my application. It doesn't make sense to send out acceptances to those who did not receive a chance at an entrance scholarship when the deadline is so close to the date they send out offers. I've also sent an email to Kathy Grant to ask about my application status but she has not replied, which is okay since it would probably be unfair if I was told earlier about my application status.

TL;DR: If you know someone who got into Queens or you yourself got into Queens without receiving this scholarship email, was it during an odd-numbered year? (ie. 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, etc.) 

People on the forum in 2015 were saying they didn't get an email or had friends that didn't get emails and still got in. If it is being sent to people who are getting acceptances, the other may be going on the waitlist and if that's the case then you still have a good chance of getting in. Stay positive

I'm in the same boat, 3.93 sGPA and I didn't think my other submissions were that horrible. But as you said it's hard to keep hope because why would they send out an entrance scholarship application to only some people being accepted. My only glimmer of hope is those who never received this email and still got in.

People on the forum in 2015 were saying they didn't get an email or had friends that didn't get emails and still got in. If it is being sent to people who are getting acceptances, the other may be going on the waitlist and if that's the case then you still have a good chance of getting in. Stay positive

I couldn't find any threads on this from 2015? What were the titles

I feel like maybe you are referring to me? I am the person who has a friend who applied and was accepted in 2015. He was not waitlisted and did not get the email. I've said this before in another thread. I'm not sure if anyone else has said the same thing. It would be nice if we could confirm it!

I did get the email, but not until 3-4 days after everyone else on this forum received it. It didn't go to my junk mail... I'm so curious about their process. It doesn't seem straightforward at all, which is frustrating but also means that we probably can't assume anything.

Also just checked and the scholarship was only established in 2011. So it would be relevant for 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. I'm taking another look through the forums to see if anything else comes up. I did see another message that was written in 2015 that stated someone knew people who got in without receiving the email, however it is unclear which year those people got in (ie. it could have been a year that the scholarship wasn't offered).

Okay last one haha: I found this is the forum from 2013 acceptances. It seems to confirm what happened to my friend in that you don't need to get the email to be accepted... but that it does bode well for those of us that did receive the email.

Scholarship essay means nothing. Some people get it some people dont. Lots of people in my class didnt get it and some did.

http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/69963-otpt-acceptedwaitlistedrejected-2013/?fromsearch=1

Here's the page from 2013. I think the 2 people on the forum who got the email were accepted to queens pt. but it sounds like a current/graduating student thinks the email is only sent to select applicants and that many more people are accepted than receive the email.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I wanted to update the queens email threads for prospective students in the 2019 cycle (the next time they offer the entrance scholarship).

I think the way it worked out is as we suspected... receiving the email means you will be offered acceptance. However, not receiving the email does not mean that you are definitely rejected.

If anyone else can confirm this? Ie. people who did not receive the email but were offered acceptance (not waitlisted) and especially I'd be curious if anyone in the 2017 cycle did receive the email but was not immediately accepted (waitlisted or rejected).

Im going to post this same thing on the two queens email threads. Sorry for the repost!

Archived