Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist 2017 Support Thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, steelheader said:

I'm still surprised that there has only been one post from somebody off the wait list. In previous years there were much more. 

Agreed, seems off-putting but the applicant pool might have shifted with the elimination of the pre-reqs.

12 minutes ago, gogoup said:

Agreed, seems off-putting but the applicant pool might have shifted with the elimination of the pre-reqs.

Although I feel that the applicant pool for this cycle shouldn't have changed too drastically from the last cycle..since people w/o pre-reqs still need to write mcat and probably might have taken the essential courses anyway. Who knows

Its hard to say whether the pre reqs had any role post interview and as the PeanutButter1 mentioned it would affect the stats pre-interview. My speculation is one of the following:

1) A regular amount of people have been given offers and are simply not posting

2) There is a smaller wait list than in previous years - can be explained by the fact that they are giving about 11 days to accept their offer (which is very strange)

3) There is a bigger wave that is coming out after June 8th

Here's to hoping for option 3 :)

On 5/29/2017 at 8:28 PM, Curiousaboutapps1 said:

I got a ton of messages about this, I got my offer at 7:07 pm eastern time today... the time admitedly seemed weird

I also got my offer at 7:07pm for VFMP!

It's been a crazy few days, so I will post my stats in the other thread later.

Good luck everyone!

lurker here and also waitlisted...

wanted to add that I know someone who got into ubc with their second choice site but was not offered a spot at their first choice after the acceptance deadline. do you guys think this is just because they already accepted their second choice site? and maybe ubc thinks 2nd choice is acceptable and offered new sites only to those who were originally offered their 3rd or 4th choice? or maybe it has to do with ranking?

I also wanted to believe that the majority of the offers were to those already accepted! but because of this I'm worried about how much waitlist movement there really is this year...

1 hour ago, kingdomcome said:

wanted to add that I know someone who got into ubc with their second choice site but was not offered a spot at their first choice after the acceptance deadline. do you guys think this is just because they already accepted their second choice site? and maybe ubc thinks 2nd choice is acceptable and offered new sites only to those who were originally offered their 3rd or 4th choice? or maybe it has to do with ranking?

I also wanted to believe that the majority of the offers were to those already accepted! but because of this I'm worried about how much waitlist movement there really is this year...

Yeah kind of worrisome :( but I don't think there's any way to predict what's going on, just going to have to wait it seems 

2 hours ago, kingdomcome said:

I'm fairly certain it has to do with ranking.. they fill up seats by ranking until sites are full. If a spot opens up at their preferred site they again give it by ranking to the next person in line. Accepting a site doesn't change your place on the waitlist and I'm fairly certain there's no priority for 3rd or 4th choice people to get upgraded! If they got their second choice they must've been fairly high in the list but it depends how many people dropped the site they wanted and if it didn't get filled by people ranked higher than them. 

1 hour ago, steelheader said:

OMG i cannot believe this. 

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! 

IP to the SMP program. will post stats later!

Congrats!!! Every round of offers and silence in my inbox feels like a rejection :( sigh I am giving up hope 

Archived