Premed 101 Forums

Erica Frank As A Prof For Spph 300?

I am picking classes for this coming year and checking both Ratemyprof and PAIR and finding something interesting with SPPH 300....

Most people here have mentioned (and PAIR indiciates) this class is quite easy to do well in, however, there is a load of very negative prof comments on the RMP site....

Has anyone here actually taken this class? I am thinking about doing it online. How can there be such a disconnect between how students viewed the course, its difficulty, the prof and the PAIR results?

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=2190612

The majority of complaints are of course disorganization & the addition of assignments on short-notice, this is a valid complaint, even if the students complaining do well in the course (93+ class average).

Also, keep in mind that RMP is not always representative of the class, since people don't usually comment unless it's an amazing or horrible experience.

Has anyone here taken it online before?

Regardless of the complaints mentioned, I am considering taking it for its topics as well as the fact that the average is so high... The RMP comments do make me wary though, but yes, you have a valid point that most of what we read in comments like that are at the extremes of the spectrum.

Archived