Premed 101 Forums

Gpa And Cars Chances

Just want to share something from my personal experience. I had a 3.92 GPA and a 126 CARS (slightly higher GPA, slightly lower CARS) and I ended up getting an offer of admission to Mac on May 9. Admittedly, you'd have to do VERY WELL on CASPer, but regardless of your CARS score, you should always do the CASPer test with the mentality of giving it your best shot (don't underestimate its importance!). If you feel that you can definitely improve upon that CARS score and maintain your science section scores, then you should go ahead and do an MCAT rewrite.

• 2 weeks later...

It can be done, but as others have said, you have to do really well on CASPer.    It's 1/3 of the pie at Mac, so if you end up applying, study for it.  In my opinion, if you want to score well on CASPer, you need to do at least 1 FULL Length practice test to get a feel for your time management and the test.  Unfortunately, they only provide a short 3 section sample which isn't enough to get a good feel for the test.  I did 5+ full length practice CASPer tests and could really see the difference in my performance from the beginning.

Archived