Premed 101 Forums

Queen's historically sends out more acceptances than they have seats, predicting that a certain amount of them will reject their offers. This means they will not go down the waitlist as much. How much they go down the waitlist depends on how many reject their offers. Varies year to year but sometimes they don't go down the waitlist, other years i think they go down the waitlis like 5-15 spots.

Waitlisted at Queen's as well. Who knows how it is year to year, but I think I remember reading somewhere that someone got in a couple years back after being #23 on the waitlist. Hopefully someone with some experience can chime in.

It's odd how schools make such long waitlists yet they never intend on going down so far.

5 hours ago, hopefulPT000 said:

Hi PTWorld, congratulations! That is so exciting. May I ask what number you were on the waitlist originally? 

Hi HopefulPT000,

Thank you, it is very exciting!! I was # 15 on the waitlist but Kathy said I moved up to #9 (guessing 6 people above me opted to be removed from the waitlist). Hopefully, you hear some good news in the coming days-weeks!!!

14 minutes ago, hopefulPT000 said:

Received an email regarding the waitlist yesterday night. Class is now full and waitlist has gotten up to #28. I'm #29, so I'm really trying to be patient here. Does anyone know the likelihood of someone changing their mind last minute? 

Damnnnnn, that's stressful. I got the email too. I was originally in the 40s so my hope has ended. From what I gather, it's not necessarily likely; however, I've heard there can sometimes be 1 or 2 people that bail right before their university program starts (all programs, not just PT). I would guess if someone couldn't get the funds, had a change of heart or some sort of emergency. Are you close enough to move if they called you last minute? Like the week before classes begin, or maybe the week of, haha. 

6 minutes ago, Rehab4Life said:

Damnnnnn, that's stressful. I got the email too. I was originally in the 40s so my hope has ended. From what I gather, it's not necessarily likely; however, I've heard there can sometimes be 1 or 2 people that bail right before their university program starts (all programs, not just PT). I would guess if someone couldn't get the funds, had a change of heart or some sort of emergency. Are you close enough to move if they called you last minute? Like the week before classes begin, or maybe the week of, haha. 

Oh damn, I'm sorry to hear. If you're waiting on other schools or re-applying next year, good luck! I'm from Vancouver but I would be willing to fly and move there whenever I get the call haha. 

13 minutes ago, hopefulPT000 said:

Oh damn, I'm sorry to hear. If you're waiting on other schools or re-applying next year, good luck! I'm from Vancouver but I would be willing to fly and move there whenever I get the call haha. 

Thanks! The person I spoke to about this once said that it has happened in the past, but has usually happened last second type of thing. Good luck to you too, I hope you get in! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived