Premed 101 Forums

I've been offered a spot at UWO PT as well and waitlisted (#3) at UofT PT...wish there was a way to somehow know for sure if we would get a spot at U of T or not. I heard back in 2015 and 2016, even waitlist #17 made it to the class but again in 2014, they didn't even get to the waitlist at all..it's either you accept Western or decline it hoping the odds are in your favor and you make it to U of T.

PT2018helpful, how are you dealing with the stress ahah 

I've been offered a spot at UWO PT as well and waitlisted (#3) at UofT PT...wish there was a way to somehow know for sure if we would get a spot at U of T or not. I heard back in 2015 and 2016, even waitlist #17 made it to the class but again in 2014, they didn't even get to the waitlist at all..it's either you accept Western or decline it hoping the odds are in your favor and you make it to U of T.

I'm assuming UofT is your preferred choice if you haven't accepted Western yet. I would say #3 is a safe bet to get into UofT, the odds are definitely in your favour (you don't have to hope!). I don't believe U of T oversends offers anymore and I would bet that there are at least 3 people rejecting their offers (even reading these forums, there's a few people). Aren't you allowed to provisionally accept and wait for other offers for a week anyways? Either way, you shouldn't stress over it too much. All the best!

You'll definitely be getting a spot at #3! Only have to wait until June 8th anyways to find out. My first choice is actually UWO, so I'm not too stressed about it. However, if I was given the option of going to UofT, I may consider it solely for the fact that my best friends are both doing Masters there and we may all be able to live together. 

Can someone clarify the date that we need to give a firm acceptance to secure a spot? I was accepted to Queen's OT and waitlisted at U of T. U of T says they're hoping to let us know between June 12-19 but could be until late August. I'm really hoping for U of T, but don't want to miss my window to accept Queen's. How long should I wait? And should I provisionally accept Queen's in the meantime?

Thanks!

Can someone clarify the date that we need to give a firm acceptance to secure a spot? I was accepted to Queen's OT and waitlisted at U of T. U of T says they're hoping to let us know between June 12-19 but could be until late August. I'm really hoping for U of T, but don't want to miss my window to accept Queen's. How long should I wait? And should I provisionally accept Queen's in the meantime?

Thanks!

Everyone's provision accept turns into a firm acceptance automatically on June 9th. 

OThopeful1414

Based on what I've found, the wait is really really random. I've talked to someone very high on the waitlist and they got in mid July. What this means is that you sorta have to decline Queens's offer if you really want to get into U of T. not much movement happens between June 5 to June 9, so I guess provisional offer can't do much for you and I lol. Gotta make a decision and go with it. 

Archived