Premed 101 Forums

Question About Adjusted Academic Average

I did about a year and a half of course work at Douglas, which is counted by UBC. Unfortunately my GPA there was not great because I was not considering med at the time and did not care much. So if I am understanding UBC's aGPA method correctly once I finish my bachelors at UBC my lowest year which was at Douglas college from Fall 2015-Spring 2016 ( 27 credits) will be dropped? If this is the case I may have a realistic shot at UBC med as my grades at UBC are better. I have about a year and a half to go and I hope to bring my GPA up to 3.8+ by the time I graduate. 

If all of your credits from Douglas transfer to UBC and you will have at least 90 credits after UBC drops your lowest year, you will qualify for aGPA.

This is correct. If UBC accepts all of your postsecondary credits from Douglas College once you have completed 120 postsecondary credits recognised by UBC then UBC med will drop up to 30 credits from the academic year with the lowest GPA to calculate the aGPA. If you don't have 90 credits remaining after dropping the worst academic year then you don't qualify for the aGPA calculation.

Archived