Premed 101 Forums

Med-P Conditions Of Acceptance

Is it true one must only pass classes to maintain Med-P acceptance? I understand it is possible to write a letter explaining a decrease in grades, but since I was so distracted by my application and interview and stressed I have not been doing my best. I will do my best on finals but definitely won't be finishing my sciences with 90's this semester. Should I worry about my offer being rescinded? (I know the website says to "maintain academic standard" but I have heard you really just need to pass)

Hey! I think they will only rescind your offer if there is a significant drop, but I wouldn't worry too much if I was you. I think it is safe to assume many students have lower grades during the last semester, but you can always contact them to have more details. Congrats on your admission!

But is it ok even if we get a grade bellow the class average. In my bio III class, the average is very high and it was hard for me to focus on this class a 100 % so I will probably get a grade lower than the classe average ( a grade in the 80% ). I know that this will surely give me an R score less than 30. I am doing well in my others classes except for this one. I never got an R score below 31 and I am stressed if they will reject me because of this bad grade and probably bad R score for this course. 

But is it ok even if we get a grade bellow the class average. In my bio III class, the average is very high and it was hard for me to focus on this class a 100 % so I will probably get a grade lower than the classe average ( a grade in the 80% ). I know that this will surely give me an R score less than 30. I am doing well in my others classes except for this one. I never got an R score below 31 and I am stressed if they will reject me because of this bad grade and probably bad R score for this course.

You'll be okay. As long as you pass, as far as I know, there shouldn't be a problem.

Just try to enjoy your summer and congrats!

Hi, I am in the same situation, but my grades might be a bit worst. I have 75's this semester, im not below average but Im really worried because my R score might drop from 3 points (35 to 32 overall). Have you guys ever heard of someone who got accepted and then rejected after their 4th semester grades? Will they try to understand why my grades dropped? Mcgill has always been my dream and i dont want it to go away

Hi, I am in the same situation, but my grades might be a bit worst. I have 75's this semester, im not below average but Im really worried because my R score might drop from 3 points (35 to 32 overall). Have you guys ever heard of someone who got accepted and then rejected after their 4th semester grades? Will they try to understand why my grades dropped? Mcgill has always been my dream and i dont want it to go away

Don't worry about it. You won't get rejected.

However, try to reflect on why your grades dropped significantly this semester so that you can fix whatever problems and do well in med-p.

Archived