Premed 101 Forums

Program Visit

Hey guys,

There are a few programs that im interested in but unable to do electives at due to scheduling issues. How could i check them out? Some people suggested site visits? What are your thoughts about that, would they be useful? If yes, how would i go about arranging them?

Thanks!!

I'm not sure of the logistics of that a "site visit". You should contact the program director of each program. I'm sure they would be happy to meet with you, as they meet with elective students as well. In terms of touring the hospital etc, there might be issues of privacy etc as there's usually a lot of paperwork for electives to make it above board. In summary, give it a shot, but its probably gonna be school/program dependant.

I'm not sure of the logistics of that a "site visit". You should contact the program director of each program. I'm sure they would be happy to meet with you, as they meet with elective students as well. In terms of touring the hospital etc, there might be issues of privacy etc as there's usually a lot of paperwork for electives to make it above board. In summary, give it a shot, but its probably gonna be school/program dependant.

sounds about right - I would add that don't be surprised if the PD won't directly meet with you. Not sure how wide spread this is in other disciplines but in rads for instance among others I know the PD won't meet with someone in order to remove any possible bias. Nothing personal of course :)

Doesn't mean you cannot visit. 

Archived