Premed 101 Forums

Queens Pt/ot Living

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering what people's plans are for living - nobody has really posted on the Facebook group at all (for PT) that was linked and I'm not really sure what to do about housing. I'd ideally like to live with other masters/rehab students near the rehab building on-campus. What are your plans for living?

I'm starting my M. Sc at Queen's this coming Fall. I was looking around for 1 bedroom apartments and the grad residences currently have a waitlist going on. The apartments close to campus near the Lake are quite pricey (>1.5k/month) and I tried to call cheaper places but they said that it's too early to offer September leases. My last resort would be to find a roommate somehow and just get a 2 bedroom place. 

Kingston doesn't have a lot of apartment buildings which sucks because living in houses with a whole bunch of people may get rowdy at times, especially if the school is known for partying....

I was also wondering about this. I was going to make a post in the group, but some reason I just haven't gotten around to doing that haha.

Getting a 1 bedroom place seems quite expensive, and I think having 1 or 2 other roommates in the same program would definitely be beneficial financially and also for studying/social life.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, 

If anyone is still looking for a place, or has grouped up with a few people you'd like to room with, I have a main level available for a house at 426 Macdonnell. 

Details:

(3 bedroom,1 Bathroom unit of a 5 bedroom house) located at 426 Macdonnell Street. Perfect for a mature group of 2 or 3, preferably students from the Occupational or Physiotherapy Masters program. 

-Property boasts 3 free parking spots, with the option to purchase additional parking. 
-Lot is a 30 second walk to Tim Hortons, a few blocks from Lowblaws, the beer store and LCBO, and just a 15-20 minute walk away from Queen’s main campus, or seconds from a nearby bus stop reaching Queen’s via Princess Street. 
-Rent will be ALL INCLUSIVE, including Gas, Hydro, Water, and Unlimited high speed internet
-Floor includes seperate on site laundry, full kitchen stove, fridge and microwave 

Price: $2250/month for the floor, or $750/person for a group of three.

I will be attending Queen’s as a first year graduate student in Occupational Therapy, and living in the basement apartment with my small dog.  
Message me for details and more pictures @ 905-621-7324 or email me at vanessamacfarlane024@gmail.com

IMG_2613.PNG-1.jpg

Archived