Premed 101 Forums

Ubc Med Post Interview Survey For Accepted, Waitlisted And Rejected Applicants

Hey all,

A SURVEY is now up for those interested in sharing their applicantion stats how they did this 2016/2017 cycle to UBC Medicine. Instead of scouring all the pages of the Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

thread for info on past applications, I made a google form to complete below. It is for previous applicants who have received an interview. Summary data of all the responses will be shared after completing the form, so hopefully this will become an additional resource in addition to that premed101 thread!

Link - https://goo.gl/forms/8JHkLqmGu5PnlhED3

Hopefully this will help us better understand what competitive applications look like, and how to better improve when applying next year. Unfortunately I was rejected after interview this year, and hopefully others who have also been rejected can contribute to better understand what we can improve. If you have been accepted, congratulations, your response is also needed despite the lack for info for NAQ and interview scores. If you have finally been accepted after multiple attempts (like most people), please enter in your unsuccessful attempts as well since they would be a major help to those who were in the same shoes as a second,third,fourth ...time applicant. If you've been waitlisted then rejected, your information is the most vital of all!!! Since you must have been in the top 60 or so (an estimate, since UBC won't actually release the size of the waitlist) applicants who have concrete data in what makes a great application.

Below is my results from my application this year. It can also be found on the survey after you have submitted your response. Hope it helps. To other applicants planning to reapply, hopefully this will allow us to be better next cycle. To those who have gotten in, congratulations, feel free to contribute if you would like to share your app info and lend us a hand.

Cycle: 2016/2017

Result: Rejected

Geo: IP

aGPA: 87

AQ: 26.28

NAQ: 29

TFR: 55.28

MCAT: 502 (127/125/126/124 Chem/CARS/Bio/Psych)

Interview: Above Average

ECs: Club work, some clinical research, humanitarian/community projects from end of high school though Uni. 2 entry level jobs stints. ~2 years of ER volunteering

Archived