Premed 101 Forums

Western Pt/ Ot Class Of 2019

I have also accepted my offer for Western PT! Can't Wait!

I'm not sure about living yet, I completed my undergrad at Western as well, and everyone I know who is still at Western has already signed a lease for next year.

Thinking it would be nice to live with some people in the program. I know a few people just finishing their first year in Western PT, and they said a facebook group will be created once the class list is finalized. They also said that many people will be looking for roommates through the group, so thats an option if you're willing to live with people you haven't met yet lol! I'm thinking I might go this route. What are you thinking?

I was thinking of staying in an apartment just to get my own space, super excited to get to know all my classmates and work hard together but I feel like I'll want me own little space to just get away if im feeling overwhelmed over something. I know someone in OT that I might room with some I might still try to find a house, just leaning towards an apartment!

Thats a great call as well! There is a big bank of apartments near Platts Lane (Bluestone), and 939 Western Rd. has a complex of apartments as well for a decent price. That side of campus would be most convenient, and they range from 1 to 3 bedrooms I think in case you decide to room with your friend in OT.

I've yet do do my own research but does anyone have a general idea of what the cheapest price for a 1 bedroom near the university would cost?

How close do you want to be? When I looked a couple years ago, it ranged from 750-1200 near campus (like walking distance close). The 1 bedroom place I had was around 850 (Somerset) which did it's job.

Couple things to watch out for. Not splitting the internet bill added up pretty quick over time and was a little costly. Also there's seems to be a general trend of rent in London increasing because Western is accepting more undergrads. There's more demand for housing near campus so the prices may have changed since I was there. Good luck!

hey guys! First off...congrats!!

I am just wondering, for those of you who have officially accepted your Western offer on ORPAS, has your online Western Student Center profile been updated? What I am referring to is the little icon (ie green checkmark for admitted, or green circle for offer accepted). I accepted Wednesday night, but it the green check mark is still present...I thought it would change to a green circle once I had accepted? Thanks! 

hey guys! First off...congrats!!

I am just wondering, for those of you who have officially accepted your Western offer on ORPAS, has your online Western Student Center profile been updated? What I am referring to is the little icon (ie green checkmark for admitted, or green circle for offer accepted). I accepted Wednesday night, but it the green check mark is still present...I thought it would change to a green circle once I had accepted? Thanks! 

Hey! I accepted western's offer on Monday May 22, and it changed the next day (from green check mark to green circle). I hope yours already changed by now, but if hasn't, I wouldn't worry too much. Perhaps ORPAS has too many responses they have to work through, so there might be a longer delay for them to forward the responses to the schools. Just make sure you to check back on your ORPAS (choices/offer section) to see if that response has changed.

All the best and hope to see you in September!  :)

Hey everyone! I've accepted my offer for PT and I'm so excited to start in September. I'm looking for some roommates, and I also think it would be nice to live with some people from the program. I'm going to be looking for some houses/ apartments over the next week so I'll post if I find any good ones! 

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances :) 

Hi all, I've also decided to accept Western's offer for OT! :)

I'm originally from London so I'll be living at my parents' house to save $$. I haven't studied at Western before, but I can try to answer general questions about the city and life in London if anyone has them!

For those who are still looking for or deciding where to live in september, I decided to get an apartment at 271 platts lane. Not entirely sure how it'll be as I didnt have a chance to go down and see it yet but its a brand new place only 1km from Elborn college. Just thought I'd share where I'm staying if others don't know yet, If anyone else is staying there or decides to let me know! Would be nice to have someone to talk to while walking to school everyday!

Hey, I'll be entering the PT program this summer and I'm also looking for some fellow PT students to rent a place with. I know a Facebook group will be started shortly but if anyone wants to get in contact beforehand please feel free to PM me or respond to this thread. Thanks!

Hey everyone :) Congrats on getting into Western!! I was just wondering if  you guys are also all holding off looking for somewhere to live until this facebook group is made? I'd love to live with some fellow PT (or OT) students but being patient is a struggle lol 

7 hours ago, UWOPT said:

Hey everyone :) Congrats on getting into Western!! I was just wondering if  you guys are also all holding off looking for somewhere to live until this facebook group is made? I'd love to live with some fellow PT (or OT) students but being patient is a struggle lol 

Waiting on this group to be made before looking for living accommodations! 

On 6/17/2017 at 9:56 AM, UWOPT said:

Congrats on your acceptance as well! :)  AHAHAHA I know how you feel, I'd like to start looking for housing as well, there is a Facebook group that Western students use for housing, I'll link it below, you could post on there if you want to start searching before the Facebook group gets made, hope that helps! :)  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1572498759686621/ --> that's the housing site if you're interested! 

I was looking around and found a 4 bedroom townhouse that I like that's super close to campus, if any of you are interested in finding a place before the Facebook group gets made, feel free to send me a message :) I can't wait to start PT in the fall, and it would be awesome to live with other PTs/OTs :) 

Archived