Premed 101 Forums

Mcat Dilemma

spa

Hi all,

I decided to write the mcat this summer sometime in March, paid for the $400 cad exam for August 11th. I have taken no organic chem, no biochem, no physics, no general chem, no biology, but I'm fairly confident with anatomy / physiology, psychology. 

My dilemma is I haven't been able to find a good resource yet and its the 26 of May right now. I booked in gold zone so I can get a partial refund, but should I write the MCAT on 11th of Aug? Is there any possible resource, given my background, that will prep me enough in 2 and half months to write the MCAT?

Thanks for your help

It's probably just enough time. Choose a resource (say the box set for Kaplan, or others) and stick to it. Work through the books.

It will not be enough however to learn the material, I used Khans, and all the question packs from AAMC, as well as some iPhone apps for (mcat mastery, and some others for amino acid memorization). I've heard Princeton review is more in depth. So if I was to redo it (which I don't have to) I might choose that instead of Kaplan. None of the material you will use will make it easy. And a large number of hours will have to poured in. I spent 8-9 months while working full time and maintaining good work/life balance. You could easily use less time with more intensive studying. At this point you'll probably need on average 4 hours a day. With a substantial ramp up in July.

Good luck

Archived