Premed 101 Forums

Satisfactory Gpa...do We Need To Confirm This Before We Accept?

I feel like I'm just being paranoid, but I was wondering if someone could clarify this part of the acceptance email:

"All offers are conditional until the submission of the required documentation.......As well as confirmation by our office that you have obtained 15 full or 30 half credits; maintained a satisfactory GPA through this academic year and if applicable, will have completed post graduate studies by August 1st."

Do we have to send an unofficial transcript to the office to receive confirmation? Also what constitutes a "satisfactory GPA"?

I'm probably overthinking this way too much, but thank you in advance for the help :)  

Hey :)  From the Admission Offer Checklist:

• Submit to OMSAS your final transcripts by June 30. Any candidate that does not meet the minimum number of required credits will have their admissions offer rescinded.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your response! 

The office informed me that as long as my GPA didn't drop dramatically (ie. no failing grades or large discrepancies—A's to C's), then everything is fine. If they do find any inconsistencies they will call you and allow you to explain why your GPA dropped significantly. 

Archived