Premed 101 Forums

Hamilton Housing Advice

Any advice about ideal housing locations? I'm looking to get a bachelor or one bedroom apartment in Hamilton. Ideally, assuming that I can find a nice place and everything works out, I'd prefer to stay in the same location for all three years.

Any thoughts on whether it would be best to get something around Mac (i.e. Westdale), or more downtown? I'll have a car so I'm pretty flexible, but I'm just wondering how most people approach this. 

Currently I have my eye on a place around Queen & Main, so any opinions on that specific location would be great! Thanks  :)

I'm not  from Hamilton but I was also looking for a one bedroom or bachelor. I really recommend avoiding high-rise buildings, and check every address on bedbugregistry. Honestly, things can look clean (especially in an unfurnished apartment), but then it turns out its infested.

Hey, I'm moving out of my place at the end of July. Nice basement bachelor with your own kitchen and bathroom. Landlord lives upstairs. 10 min walk to the hospital from there and 2 min walk to the grocery store. Let me know if you guys are interested and I can give you my landlord's contact info.

Two main strategies it seemed with my classmates. A ton of people found places in westdale and around campus which was very handy for clerkship. During clerkship most of your rotations will not be on campus. Some people moved during clerkship to be more central, some toughed it out near campus. The other strategy is to find a place downtownish that's on the main/king transit line, or drive. You'll be fairly central to the main hospitals this way and won't have to move. Almost nobody lived on the mountain.

I currently live in a great apartment with very reasonable prices in DT Hamilton. It's an older building but very well maintained and the superintendents are amazing and super on the ball about everything. I've been here for almost 2 years and I have yet to see a single bedbug or roach. 10/10 would recommend. PM me for info :)

Archived