Premed 101 Forums

Physics Science Pre-Requisites

On 5/5/2018 at 10:17 AM, neodyme said:

Hey guys, 

I  saw that the Biochemistry I is equivalent to cell biology and metabolism that is required in the option 2 for science pre-requisits. https://www.mcgill.ca/macdonald/studentinfo/undergrads/course-equivalencies . Do you guys know if I can use my biochem I (3cr) or II (4cr) to substitute that course ? 

Also, I did an organic chemistry course during my undergrad, which is only 2 credits. Should I retake a 3 credits course or can I use my 2 credits course for my application ? 

I'm uncertain on wether I should to retake some of my cegep classes (My GPA is very low), or work on fulfilling the requirements for option 2 (So far a decent GPA)....

I think the link you used isn't the right one (it says ''The McGill to McGill course equivalencies listed below apply only to students in the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.'')

You need to check here for actual equivalencies between mcgill and other universities: https://nimbus-ssl.mcgill.ca/exsa/search/searchEquivalency

16 hours ago, Al22 said:

I think the link you used isn't the right one (it says ''The McGill to McGill course equivalencies listed below apply only to students in the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.'')

You need to check here for actual equivalencies between mcgill and other universities: https://nimbus-ssl.mcgill.ca/exsa/search/searchEquivalency

I checked there too, but couldn't find an equivalency to my courses. 

I applied for a substitution for some courses I did during my undergrad for the option II pre-requisites. Does anyone know how long it will take aprox  for the evaluation knowing that I submitted it 2 days after the opening date ( June the 1st ) ?

On 6/19/2018 at 9:34 AM, neodyme said:

I checked there too, but couldn't find an equivalency to my courses. 

I applied for a substitution for some courses I did during my undergrad for the option II pre-requisites. Does anyone know how long it will take aprox  for the evaluation knowing that I submitted it 2 days after the opening date ( June the 1st ) ?

I sent them an email on June 16th and they sent me the forms to fill today, I don't know how long it will take now that I sent them the actual forms ( I applied for exemption for my expired CEGEP courses and also sent a substitution resquest for some class from undergrad to see if I could use option 2 instead of option 1)

4 hours ago, Al22 said:

I sent them an email on June 16th and they sent me the forms to fill today, I don't know how long it will take now that I sent them the actual forms ( I applied for exemption for my expired CEGEP courses and also sent a substitution resquest for some class from undergrad to see if I could use option 2 instead of option 1)

So I heard from them today ! It took around 20 days which is not bad. And they were able to substitute all of my courses from option II as well as organic chemistry from option I

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 9:53 PM, neodyme said:

So I heard from them today ! It took around 20 days which is not bad. And they were able to substitute all of my courses from option II as well as organic chemistry from option I

I also heard back from them, they accepted my exeption from option 1 and accepted my substitutions for option 2 so now I can use whichever is best for me (sadly both are low because for option 2 I must use my university Organic Chem II grade and I almost failed, which is a shame because my other option 2 grades are great, I might redo org chem someday...)

Archived