Premed 101 Forums

BeMo academic consulting

2 hours ago, medhopeful28 said:

Does anyone have any experience with BeMo academic consulting for application reviews, CASPer practice, etc? Was is worth it? Thanks!!

I would look at who is providing the academic consulting, rather than the company it is through.

If it is done by a medical student or resident, they will more reliable than a random stranger who has not gone through medical school. It is very much like Princeton Review hiring MSc/PhD students to teach components of the MCAT. If they have not written the MCAT themselves, they are only teaching the topic, something which you can as easily find videos on YouTube for.

I believe a few of my classmates work for MedApplications and MDConsultants, but I have not heard much about BeMO.

Or better yet, you can always ask questions on this forum for free and the community will help you out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 10:40 AM, medhopeful28 said:

Does anyone have any experience with BeMo academic consulting for application reviews, CASPer practice, etc? Was is worth it? Thanks!!

I have had a few friends use their services for CASPer and MMI prep and they were happy. But I think you should just talk to all different options and judge for yourself. 

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:28 PM, northo60 said:

I actually used MD Consultants this year for both app review and interview practice and got in on my first attempt. They put you with a med student who is currently going to school. They were great!

MD Consultants has been banned from premed101 several times after members on here were solicited for services simply without asking for it..

• 3 years later...