Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Thread 2017

Hi Everyone,

I thought I'd start the waitlist thread for this year. I am on the OOP waitlist. Any idea of the chances of getting off the waitlist? I'm also interested in knowing the exact number of spots available for OOP applicants. Is it 5 or 6 (5% of 110 is 5.5)?

OOP waitlist checking in, will be withdrawing my name. 5 spots was my understanding too, would have loved to know my ranking on the waitlist, no big deal though

Any idea of the chances of getting off the waitlist? I'm also interested in knowing the exact number of spots available for OOP applicants

I imagine everyone who got early acceptance also got accepted elsewhere, and many of the waitlist as well so I would guess pretty good, considering Manitoba is pretty well the last to send out their offers

Thank you both for posting that you will be withdrawing. Its reassuring to hear, as my nerves are pretty shot at the moment (I'm on four waitlists right now).

I'm just a little surprised there are so people on the OOP waitlist. I am wondering how many they interviewed. It would seem to have to be around 35-40....

Other than the people they accepted, they probably stuck everybody on the waitlist, yes.

In 2015, there were 26 OOP applicants interviewed. They said said there were 29 people on the waitlist this year. If they've already given out 5-10 offers, that means they've interviewed more OOP applicants this year.

Edit: Are you remaining on the waitlist aspmed?

Assuming every OOP offered made on May 24th was declined within one week and a second round was offered today, at most 10 offers were made. Looking at past stats, they usually made around 20-25 offers to fill the 5 seats.

so expects more offers to come and if you are on the waitlist you have a great shot. 

As to how many OOP were interviewed, Sask interviewed about 70 with a MCAT cutoff of 97/98 percentile. Manitoba's cutoff was 99th percentile so I would say at most 40 were interviewed.

On 6/1/2017 at 10:32 PM, aspmed said:

I remember someone saying something about there being 36 OOPs on interview day, but don't quote me on it. Yes I am remaining on the waitlist

It occurred to me - the hopeful side of me - that maybe they didn't give out any additional OOP offers today. After all, nobody has posted they got an OOP offer today.

But thats probably not whats happened.

I got an OOP offer this evening which I will almost certainly be accepting. I've gotten so much help from these forums over the past few years and I am so grateful. Best of luck to everybody still waiting! You are all amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 7:54 PM, Ruby said:

I got an OOP offer this evening which I will almost certainly be accepting. I've gotten so much help from these forums over the past few years and I am so grateful. Best of luck to everybody still waiting! You are all amazing!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Ruby!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Congrats to everyone who has been accept thus far.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of any movement on the IP waitlist. The email regarding the IP waitlist not very informative, there is no mention of number of people on the list or placements, just tiers (which was stated in the applicant bulletin). I just wish we could get more information to help calm our shot nerves/ make an better informed decision on how to proceed. Can anyone speculate how many people may even be on the list? 

Thanks everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived