Premed 101 Forums

Grading

Everything is Pass/Fail or Pass/Fail/Honours. Pass is 60% and honours is 80+%. Only you have access to your grades and they will not show on your transcript. It really releases any competitive pressure and allows you to truly learn for your own growth as a medical scholar. :) 

Can residency programs see whether or not you got honours or not?

57 minutes ago, Naturefeelzz said:

Everything is Pass/Fail or Pass/Fail/Honours. Pass is 60% and honours is 80+%. Only you have access to your grades and they will not show on your transcript. It really releases any competitive pressure and allows you to truly learn for your own growth as a medical scholar. :) 

Unless "honours" is new for class of 2021 (which I am not aware of), they no longer have it and you just need 60 to pass. Beyond that is not different from a 60. I was told by one of the residency program directors in Ottawa that they got rid of honours a while ago to discourage people from spending too much time studying and to spend more time on preclerkship electives and other extracurricular activities.

16 minutes ago, m_jacob_45 said:

Unless "honours" is new for class of 2021 (which I am not aware of), they no longer have it and you just need 60 to pass. Beyond that is not different from a 60. I was told by one of the residency program directors in Ottawa that they got rid of honours a while ago to discourage people from spending too much time studying and to spend more time on preclerkship electives and other extracurricular activities.

Thank you for correcting. I wasn't aware my information was outdated. Everything is Pass/Fail indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived