Premed 101 Forums

I bet they were real careful about picking Canada's colours because of the problems brought up about celebrating the 150th despite Indigenous resistance against that particular way of defining "Canada."

I bet their marketing campaign was very conservative: "How about we just don't use Canadian colours... How about we use the CMA blue." "Sure, probably safer and we don't get boycotted by these more-societally-aware-than-average-future-doctor types and their schools."

And so the dull blue makes a return, because dull blue has never really offended anyone.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, lulu95 said:

Yep! I'm just glad it's not neon, which last year's turquoise was bordering on (would take pink over neon any day).

Edit: on hindsight, we probably should've known, they always said #CMA150, not Canada 150, haha. Also, the brief serious interlude in this thread seemed to come true, the backpack isn't red and doesn't celebrate Canada's 150th birthday.

Anyway, looking forward to our own orientation! 

Idk about that, they hyped up the Canada aspect a ton. (see pic below)

Looks like they just want to avoid controversy completely by choosing every safe option. No mention of Canada (it says CMA150) and no red. Boo.

canada150.JPG

On 7/6/2017 at 10:38 PM, MountainAmoeba said:

It is a nice blue! And there is a little Canadian flag on it. Which is nice!

ha I still say it is odd that they acknowledged the 150 but didn't make the colour red - still I am sure in the end it will serve just as well. 

4 hours ago, rmorelan said:

ha I still say it is odd that they acknowledged the 150 but didn't make the colour red - still I am sure in the end it will serve just as well. 

I agree, but then it's not a bad way to acknowledge Canada 150 without being in your face about it. 

Besides I think it will cover up dirt a bit better haha. 

1 hour ago, MountainAmoeba said:

I agree, but then it's not a bad way to acknowledge Canada 150 without being in your face about it. 

Besides I think it will cover up dirt a bit better haha. 

yeah that is a problem with the red ones (speaking from experience). 

Mine is slowly falling apart at this point ha - not bad after the abuse I put it through and the 8 years of use. 

Archived