Premed 101 Forums

Advice on substitute courses at Western

Hi!
I'm wondering if anyone has any good courses to recommend from the IMS substitute courses. I was looking for something that is offered first semester and is a doable 4.0

The substitute courses are: in the 2000-4000-level range (with the exception of the 4000-level project courses) from:  Anatomy and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Medical Biophysics, Medical Sciences, Microbiology and Immunology, Pathology, Pharmacology, or Physiology.

At the moment I am thinking about taking MedBio 3501 but I'm hoping there are some other interesting courses out there. 

Thank you! :)

Micro2500A? That's the only one that fits your description that's more "doable." They're merging Path3240 and 3245 right? If not Path3240A would be good too. I'd recommend Anatomy 3319 and 3309 but those are full year courses.

They are 100% merging the first and second semester path into one full year course. I took both this year and at the end of the first semester there were announcements that told us if we ever wanted to take 3245B that we had to take it this past semester, or else we would have to take the full course over again

That being said, I didn't think second semester was as hard as people made it out to be. I didn't do any of the readings and still ended up with a 90. There are some tricky questions on the exams but I honestly though the difficulty was pretty similar to 3240

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 5:18 PM, gmed said:

Hi!
I'm wondering if anyone has any good courses to recommend from the IMS substitute courses. I was looking for something that is offered first semester and is a doable 4.0

The substitute courses are: in the 2000-4000-level range (with the exception of the 4000-level project courses) from:  Anatomy and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Medical Biophysics, Medical Sciences, Microbiology and Immunology, Pathology, Pharmacology, or Physiology.

At the moment I am thinking about taking MedBio 3501 but I'm hoping there are some other interesting courses out there. 

Thank you! :)

Not sure what semester they will offer this next year but check out psych 2020(A/B) Drugs and Behavior with Riley Hinson if you need another 4.0 class (not necessarily a substitute). When I took it it was pretty easy, mind you it has been a few years.

Archived