Premed 101 Forums

Counted grades?

Does the medical faculty only count the courses which are apart of your program towards your average?

Lets say you take a class which is a medical pre-req during a full semester but that class is nowhere in your program even as an elective, will it still be counted towards your average by the faculty of medicine?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Donald_Duck said:

You have to do 10 classes (30 credits) in a year in order for it to count, however you can make up the remaining credit in another academic year or in the summer.

Mr Duck

So if I completed more than 33 credits in the previous academic year would the 28.5 credit year count? 

They would fetch the remaining credit within that year, correct. However, it can complicate a little bit if you are applying past 4th year (doing a 5th year or more of undergrad), then I would need a little bit more context as to where these years fit in (based on the calculation of the 3 most recent years of undergrad for the wGPA).

Mr Duck

5 minutes ago, Donald_Duck said:

They would fetch the remaining credit within that year, correct. However, it can complicate a little bit if you are applying past 4th year (doing a 5th year or more of undergrad), then I would need a little bit more context as to where these years fit in (based on the calculation of the 3 most recent years of undergrad for the wGPA).

Mr Duck

I have an undergrad degree that consists of four years of regular (10 courses per year) course load. I then did a second undergrad where I did 1 year of 33 credits, a summer of 6 credits, followed by a second academic year of 28.5 credits. The second degree only took the two years to complete and I am now finished.  I have no idea how Ottawa would calculate my WGPA. 

They would take the wGPA calculated as followed:

year 2 of second degree x 3 

year 1 second degree x 2

year 4 first degree x 1

They will fetch the missing 1.5 credits from your summer between first and second year of your second degree however it will not count for your wGPA calculation.

Mr Duck

Archived