Premed 101 Forums

Course Year Level needed for eligibility

Hello all,

I am choosing courses for Fall 2017 and I wanted to make sure with anyone who already has experience with course eligibility for medical school. Would I be disqualified from weighting or other privileges at any school if I take 2/5 courses that are below my year level?

Also, if I were to take an online course, does this disqualify me from any of the above requirements or even have adcoms look unfavourably at my application?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 10:19 PM, Cuttlefish said:

Hello all,

I am choosing courses for Fall 2017 and I wanted to make sure with anyone who already has experience with course eligibility for medical school. Would I be disqualified from weighting or other privileges at any school if I take 2/5 courses that are below my year level?

Nope, you should be fine at all schools. Western is a school that comes to mind when you mention this and they simply require 3/5 courses to be at your year or above. You would meet this requirement.

On 6/9/2017 at 10:19 PM, Cuttlefish said:

Also, if I were to take an online course, does this disqualify me from any of the above requirements or even have adcoms look unfavourably at my application?

Whether a course is done online or in person usually doesn't matter. Sometimes what does matter is the institution which provides the course but I don't believe any Ontario schools care about that either. I'm sure you're good to go.

28 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

Whether a course is done online or in person usually doesn't matter. Sometimes what does matter is the institution which provides the course but I don't believe any Ontario schools care about that either. I'm sure you're good to go.

Ottawa will disqualify any year that has a semester with more than 1 online course.

Archived