Premed 101 Forums

AAMC Practice Tests

Leyan

Hello,

I was looking for full-length aamc practice tests on the aamc store and found 2 practice tests and one "sample test" (a full length test that doesn't give you a score, only tells you how well you did). However I was under the impression that more aamc practice tests were available? Am I wrong? If there is more, does anybody know how to access them?   

Thank you! 

7 hours ago, hartk48 said:

Your probably thinking about the 11 practice ones aamc released for the old. FYI they are still good (for the respective content tested) as they are repacked into the question packs sold by aamc... word for word. 

that is quite the pity they haven't gotten a better test batch out there - practicing full length tests, under true exam conditions was a key to being "battle ready" I thought. 

Thanks all for your answers!

As hartk48 pointed out I was confused with the practice tests from the old mcat.

More length practice would have been great, but I will get the questions packs instead.

Would it be a good idea to do a practice test early on, to get a feel for the test & see my strengths/weaknesses? Or wait until the very end? 

1 hour ago, Leyan said:

Thanks all for your answers!

As hartk48 pointed out I was confused with the practice tests from the old mcat.

More length practice would have been great, but I will get the questions packs instead.

Would it be a good idea to do a practice test early on, to get a feel for the test & see my strengths/weaknesses? Or wait until the very end? 

Definitely do a practice test very early. You will 9/10 bomb it, BUT this will give you the opportunity to see where your knowledge is starting at and where you need to work up to. I would recommend doing a test AT LEAST once a week working up to test day. This way, when you actually write the test, it will just be like another practice test, and you will be prepared. Time yourself and make sure to go back the next day to figure out where you went wrong. Focus on your weaknesses. We tend to go back to our stronger areas because it gives us validation, but validation is not going to get you that top mark on the MCAT - learning from your mistakes will. 

Thanks for the advice PreMedJen!

5 hours ago, hartk48 said:

After you are done content review I highly recommend Nextsteps free science diagnostic, its 460 questions and at the end they tell you by AAMC's topic outline your % correct.

I have already purchased the Kaplan books and all AAMC materials, shouldn't that be enough? 

@LeyanI don't think there will ever be a time where one can say "enough" with regards to MCAT prep.... I don't see why more practice would hurt. Definitely recommend 'warming up' on third party material before using the precious [and very little (in my own subjective opinion)] materials AAMC offers! 

@Premed_GirlI remember doing a google search and finding those 11 practice tests on SDN or **DELETED**

Archived