Premed 101 Forums

Please help, want to know if I have any chance at Canadian school

1 hour ago, HopingForPhys said:

Really? The receptionist guy at UofT told me that they prefer something related to the field. Did you take a lot of non-kine courses?

I wasn't in kin -- so I literally only took anatomy and physiology I/II. I took a lot of biophysiology courses though, although I didn't list them as pre-req's or anything. 

2 hours ago, HopingForPhys said:

Thanks a lot this is really assuring as I'm planning to abandon this new undergrad degree as well. BTW, what major did you take the first and second time around? Should it be closely related to the material? So Biology ?

Also, were you eligible for OSAP when you came back for the first year?

Hi!

First time - bio, second time - kin. I think it would be helpful for it to be related, but not necessary.

Yes, I was eligible for OSAP. I actually was eligible for more since it was according to my income, not my parents'.

Have you thought about McGill in Quebec? Your grades are competitive enough to get in. And if you speak French (I know, most of you guys are not fluent in it, but a lot of OOP students learned it), at Sherbrooke's University, there is now a special category for OOP students with University degrees, and you would get in for sure with your grades (for the 4 year program, since it's a bachelor's-masters continuum)... 

10 hours ago, FreddyHeff said:

Have you thought about McGill in Quebec? Your grades are competitive enough to get in. And if you speak French (I know, most of you guys are not fluent in it, but a lot of OOP students learned it), at Sherbrooke's University, there is now a special category for OOP students with University degrees, and you would get in for sure with your grades (for the 4 year program, since it's a bachelor's-masters continuum)... 

Ya I tried to look in to it but I couldn't find their cutoffs or averages.I also don't know if they have look at sGPA. Unfortunately, I dont speak French :(

• 3 months later...

I have a question about sGPA at queens compared to all other Ontario schools. From my understanding, Queens calculates sGPA on a 4.3 scale whereas western, mcmaster and uofT of a 4.0 scale. Does ORPAS have two separate sGPA calculations for these different scales? Or is queens sGPA calculated on a 4.0 scale as well according to ORPAS? Thanks for the help!

Archived