Premed 101 Forums

PCP program or full-time random courses

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd throw this question out there as a friend of mine who just finished their PCP program suggested I look into it.

My plan for the upcoming year was to do online full courseload through ubc and another institution but I found an almost fully online PCP program and am wondering if maybe that's a better plan? It would help me in the job I'm already doing but not so much for gpa as it won't be counted.... also, would it count as a full year of full courseload? One of the reasons I'm doing the random courses is to show that I can do a full load as i haven't done a full year of full courses in my undergrad (due to work obligations).

Would it look better to have PCP even though the grades won't count versus no certificate/diploma/degree but gpa boosting of random courses?

Thanks in advance!!

Still curious about this but do have new information...

Unfortunately, UBC doesn't consider PCP in the agpa calculations so that's a downside...

The upside is that it furthers me in my current position, but that isn't my long-term goal...

Would having PCP qualifications help me in my NAQ at all? It's hard to work much on my AQ anymore as I have so many credits but one of my weaknesses is that I have never held a full - courseload. 

Maybe the grades from PCP don't count but would the load?

Archived