Premed 101 Forums

Hi guys, I am going into 4th year and I am planning on doing a 5th year but I was wondering if it is ok if I have only third year courses in my fourth year, since the website says 3rd year level or above but the note says a mix of 3rd and 4th year courses is acceptable for fourth year. This is my 4th year of undergrad but I transferred schools so I am technically considered 3rd year in my school right now and I don't have priority to enroll in lot of 4th year courses I want to enroll in so I plan on taking the 4th year courses in my 5th year.

• In your 4th year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year-level or above. Note: A mix of 3rd and 4th year courses to make up the 3 full course equivalents is acceptable in the fourth year
  • If you do a 5th year of study prior to graduating, 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year-level or above (as for the fourth year)

3 hours ago, apple2875 said:

Hi guys, I am going into 4th year and I am planning on doing a 5th year but I was wondering if it is ok if I have only third year courses in my fourth year, since the website says 3rd year level or above but the note says a mix of 3rd and 4th year courses is acceptable for fourth year. This is my 4th year of undergrad but I transferred schools so I am technically considered 3rd year in my school right now and I don't have priority to enroll in lot of 4th year courses I want to enroll in so I plan on taking the 4th year courses in my 5th year.

• In your 4th year of study 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year-level or above. Note: A mix of 3rd and 4th year courses to make up the 3 full course equivalents is acceptable in the fourth year
  • If you do a 5th year of study prior to graduating, 3 of 5 full course equivalents must be at the 3rd year-level or above (as for the fourth year)

Yup , you can have only 3rd years. That's what the first point says. The note just clarifies that you can also have a mix of 3rd and 4th year. 5th year has the same rules as 4th year provided you have yet to graduate. That's how I met this requirement so rest assured you're good to go.

6 hours ago, Neurophilic said:

Yup , you can have only 3rd years. That's what the first point says. The note just clarifies that you can also have a mix of 3rd and 4th year. 5th year has the same rules as 4th year provided you have yet to graduate. That's how I met this requirement so rest assured you're good to go.

Thank you so much !! I was trying so hard to find some fourth year courses to put in my timetable.

Archived